Accidentally nuked my /home drive

Accidentally destroying 10 years of work records lol.

And yes, I have disconnected my work drive now.

1 Like

64ff75f8173

3 Likes

well luckly you had backups

4 Likes

Nope. Iā€™m that idiot. My main rig i do, but this is my work pc

2 Likes

>:^(

1 Like

F

1 Like

What did your /home know about Hillary ?!?

5 Likes

All the things, all of them.

1 Like

It tried to define what ā€œisā€ is

this was the email server, wasnt it?

1 Like

Send it to me, I will recover your data

1 Like

0 >.> maybe?

1 Like

Thanks @anon45066586, but my work data is fine. And i had nothing important in my home drive. I separate everything into itā€™s own hdd. I just nuked my Home drive. All that was in it, were my personal desktop settings. Which I have a script to download all that again.

1 Like

alright DoD

5 Likes

Itā€™s when he brought out the sledgehammer and industrial shredder that we started to really question his commitment to the endeavorā€¦

6 Likes

See, the thing is I never actually intended to do either all that much. But itā€™s just been habit for me to long format since like the late 80ā€™s. Yeah, itā€™s a pain, but yā€™know, safety and stuff. And also, I kept scewing up sector sizes.

1 Like

Well, SSDā€™s have secure erase at leastā€¦ The future is goodā€¦

I guess HDDā€™s also had secure erase, but SSDā€™s nowadays it should be practicably instantā€¦

I canā€™t imagine if this was my media drive. Fucking 12tb HDD. That would have taken forever to long format. Iā€™d have just chucked the drive If I had to sit through that several times.

1 Like

Actually on the question of formatting. Do SSDā€™s even have a low level format option or is that a thing of like the 80s and early 90s?

1 Like

I suppose they do but the controller would throw that out the window and do whatever it wants anyway.