Access Point recommendation?

The title says it all. Any recommendations for a wireless AP? Okay, I guess the title doesn’t say it all. I presently have two Ubiquiti Unifi Ap-AC Lite. They’re pretty okay, but I figure it’s time to upgrade.

Home or business setup?
How many devices do you need to serve for what use case?

Home. At this instant in time, 14 clients are showing.

Since you are already in the UniFi ecosystem honestly I’d just get one of their WiFi 6e AP’s and be done with it.

I was going to say that as well. If you have unifi then you could just get their new top of the line models if you want more speed.

If you like central controller for managing the APs, Unifi is well known obviously but you also have some Netgear cloud managed access points you can go with, TP-Link has cloud controller, TrendNet has optional cloud controller management, there is always Meraki, and even FS is getting into cloud controller managed APs now.

If you want to avoid any controller and just log in to each access point individually to do configuration then you can use other Netgear models, TP-Link, TrendNet still, FS, or EnGenius. Lots of options for top spec APs

If you want the absolute best balls to the wall speed then the TP-Link Omada EAP770 or 780 are the fastest wireless APs you can get being wifi 7, but they arent fully released yet and cost $600+ each. You also need a 10g poe++ switch to actually take advantage of them.

Depends on your requirements, a recent Mediatek Filogic platform running OpenWrt (“Dumb AP-mode”) works well in many scenarios and wont break the bank.

This work well in a few places I’ve deployed them as APs.
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=e4fe3097ef6a961874b66932a0ac4be18070630a

Instead of posting that same thing in multiple places, can you link to some retail products that use their wifi 6e or wifi 7 chipsets? I dont think most people want to build their own AP or run dev boards.

Title is “mediatek: add support for Mercusys MR90X v1”
Second line is “This commit adds support for Mercusys MR90X(EU) v1 router.”
I think that’s pretty clear