AC (2016) ... sends important messages, makes you think and is entertaining somewhat (possible spoilers)

I think the 1% of this world might want to watch this film before they keep things going the way they are. Fiction can become reality. I had to watch the part from the 1 hour mark on or so again with subtitles on to make sure I had the true understanding of this. I hope that this movie reminds certain people I know and people I don't even know at all that we are losing our freedom each and every single day. We are giving up too much to the people in power. Wake up and rise up. Revolutions that are violent are needed in some parts of the world that haven't seen this in a very long time. The Assassin's Creed group in this movie say to stay in the shadows and if there are people doing that in real life and will change our futures for the better fine but I think we need more than that. Watch this movie as it is better than it's Metascore and rating on IMDB. It sends a strong message to the real world, makes you think and does it in an entertaining way. Also let me say though that people that know me know my political beliefs do have some things that might be said to infringe on free will but I feel I am not the monster that many people in power are today. Still though I understand that if I was ever a ruler the Assassin's Creed group would strike me down. : S : )

So I am interested to hear how others felt about this film. : )

Btw I just watched it after renting it at Family Video. Honestly thank goodness for Family Video. Anyone else use that place to rent movies and games?

So you are hoping a movie will change the world when literally nothing else has?

Also no I have zero intention to watch this movie. Just to put that to rest right away,

1 Like

@Zibob, different forms of media can help change things. The internet has helped change some things for the better so no reason a message sent in movie form can't change things. As for having no intentions of watching this movie why is that? I am curious to hear.

I do not like, Assassins Creed or Ubisoft and thusly feel that the movie is without value to me.

Different forms of media can and do help, to a point. Mostly that point is where the majority of people are happy. Once that point is reached no further work is needed. No one will fight for 100% fairness in the world just as long as they get theirs. There is no over watching group making sure everything is in check globally and enforcing good behavior just so they can go unthanked and unrewarded.

If such a group did exist and acted how you want, that would be branded terrorism and stamped out as fast as possible. If they had the backing and resources to stay active and unstopped though this they would likely have enough to start a war against who ever is trying to stop them so they can stay free and active. This war in the Creeds view would be completely justified as they are just trying to stop the harmful leaders of the world who impose their way on everyone else. So it becomes an ideology, and from that a war for ideals which I think we can draw some pretty clear parallels to modern day terrorist groups who are waging war on/for those same ideals.

And suppose further that if this group existed, why fight for good? They are untouchable, unseeable, unstopable. What incentive do they have to do the will of the people, and who decides what the people want?

1 Like

The movie was a pile of shite tbh....

LOL! Would you care to expand upon what you just shared? I'd be interested to hear and maybe some others would.

Story was not entertaining, animus setup was shit, everyone bar fassbender was subpar, and even he was only the best of a bad bunch.

Typical videogame based movie.

Doom: shit
Final fantasy movies: shit
world of warchraft movie: shit
tomb raider franchise: shit
Street fighter: shit
mortal kombat: shit
hitman franchise: oh god it was shit
prince of persia: pls god stop
tekken: -_-
resident evil: on the fence.

I rather liked the movie. There were things they definitely could've done better though.

I remember watching this with my gf in theaters and we enjoyed ourselves. We both love AC.

If I was a normie who knew nothing about AC, then I would've been 'wtf is this'.

Ok I really disagree with two things you mentioned as shit in regards to video game movies ....

1. Warcraft .....

Just because the US didn't like it didn't mean it wasn't good. It presented well on screen. The story was easy to follow and it felt like I was in WOW all over again. I went to see it 4 or 5 times and would have seen it more had it not left the theatre.

1. Tomb Raider series .....

I honestly can't remember a single thing wrong with those movies.

1. Hitman franchise .....

While I don't really care about the games or even the movies I saw Hitman : Agent 47 and gave it an 8/10 and going into it I was not expecting much.

Anyway to each his own .... and I am interested to hear more of what people thought of AC (2016).

1. The creed movie was terrible, just terrible.
  2. V for Vendetta was better.

Terrorist is neither a label assigned for convenience, nor for ideology, nor from perspective, but rather for the deliberate act of creating fear in the populace for a political goal. In modern times, this means actively targeting civilians. There was a very long discussion on this previously, and that was the conclusion. I can link the thread if you like.

The creed would be a militant group linked via a loose ideology, but they would NOT be terrorists.

Because that is the ideology of the group that binds them together.

Where as those in power will use delusions, like divine right, to rule over the minds of men:
The assassins remember: nothing is true.

Where as those in power will use laws and morality to bind the people to subservience:
The assassins remember: everything is permitted.

The Assassins are a group that, like the Templars, are keenly aware of the delusions men bind themselves in. In the story, the Templars use various delusions to enhance their own power and wealth. The Assassins instead, dispel those illusions over themselves and therefore seek to act for the benefit of the people.

This last point is debatable since there are some unstated premises between dispelling illusions and enhancing well being. The correlation should be clear, however. It is by looking to ideology, laws and morality that men convince themselves the suffering of others is unimportant.

Those who we call terrorists, have gone into schools and murdered every child therein because they genuinely believed they were sending them to an everlasting paradise. The children could not have reached such a paradise if they were left alive to be raised by heretic parents. The terrorists did not have the resources to kidnap and raise the children "properly," so killing them was the best option to ensure they enter paradise. It should be clear where the Assassins would stand on this issue, and what they would do if confronted with such a scenario, hypothetically.

It is always worth helping someone in need regardless of their personal characteristics. Ideologies, laws, and morality that would prevent such kindness, are but mere illusions.

1 Like

Even though I've played many AC games I didn't like the movie. Sadly, I can't remember it well enough to tell you exactly why, but I think (for me ateast) ithad various issues. One example, is the fight against the guards near the end. I was wondering all the time why the guards didn't shoot them,or as a consequence,why they were not equipped with guns. This is one example of quite a few errors it had.
Another issue was that these two plot lines (past/future) didn't seem to have enough time to evolve, which resulted in me not caring about either.

1 Like