A Use for the Xbox App in Windows 10 - Video Captures

No need for annoying software like Fraps in Windows 10

The Xbox app has Game DVR built in and it captures at decent quality MP4s to your Videos folder.

I made a 5 minute video and it worked out to be around 250MB.

Interesting...I was honestly unsure why I would ever want to stream from my Xbox to my PC, but this adds something. Still not sold on the the whole integration between Win 10 and Xbox systems, but hey, extra stuff never hurts anyone so long as I can turn it off/ignore it should I want to, right? :P

The whole integration thing I think i just microsoft catching up to everyone else, apple and android already do this. They are trying to create that user experience where everything you have is all linked together. Just like your phone and tablet have apps synced across them.

I definitely get that, and it's usually useful, I just mean that I didn't see much use for this specific feature personally.

I'm the same, I don't want my OS synced to anything else, owh xbox live account hacked....great now my pc is as well.

Yeah, I hate that. I've come to terms with the fact that I can't avoid it anymore, but when I first upgraded to Win 8.1 I was pissed when I found out I needed link my Microsoft account just to login.

You can still create a local account. You won't get Cortana or the Store though.

Pretty sure you can avoid that, just like you can in 10 you just have to find the small text.