A little teaser of what is to come :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

Blasphemy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And what time wound that be?

When I wake up and it’s the 14th in the US :slight_smile:

Really though, wendell has been putting together a video to coincide with the release, so once we tee up on the 14th we will release simultaneously, no fixed exact time though.

4 Likes

tomorrow

2 Likes

Tomorrow is the day! :smiley:

excitement

11 Likes

Please note everyone that a new issue has been discovered, if you have already followed the guides and prepared your virtual machine’s for Looking Glass you will need to change the number of IRQs that ivshmem-server starts with, originally I stated 1 IRQ, because we really only use one, but there is some strange hang issue with only specifying one.

I have updated the guides to allocate 8 interrupts which will be fine and replicates my development/test environment, so confirmed stable.

The updated command is:

ivshmem-server -p /tmp/ivshmem.pid -S /tmp/ivshmem_socket -l 16M -n 8

7 Likes

I had to use my extra gpu on a different project so I won’t be using this right away.
Still very excited about this coming out.

1 Like

:fireworks: Well… it’s done… :fireworks:

There is a binary build of the Windows host application on the website so you don’t need to mess around with Visual Studio:

https://looking-glass.hostfission.com/downloads

14 Likes

Awesome!!! Thanks @gnif - I sure hope this will work on my laptop :slight_smile: Will report back any findings/issues.

Does Looking Glass support running headless? Or do we still need to plug an extra monitor?

I’m trying to use the client, but it appears to only get the same display as SPICE client (which is render by QXL) instead of using the GPU.

Edit: OK, a dummy device is still needed. Not a great news for laptop.

You’re a legend mate. Looks like I am the first fork.

1 Like

The first fork of many

hmm?
after typing make

Package gl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gl.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package ‘gl’, required by ‘virtual:world’, not found
Package ‘glu’, required by ‘virtual:world’, not found
gcc -c -g -O3 -std=gnu99 -march=native -Wall -Werror -I./ -I…/common -DDEBUG -ffast-math -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -DBUILD_VERSION=’“a2-0-g8c2709a3f4”’ -o .build/main.o main.c
In file included from lg-renderers.h:21:0,
from main.c:42:
lg-renderer.h:25:10: fatal error: SDL_ttf.h: No such file or directory
#include <SDL_ttf.h>

Seems I missed a dependency and need to correct SDL path. Make sure you have whatever flavor of libgl*-dev installed for your video card.

Fixed:

1 Like

no errors now :slight_smile:
moving forward

cannot open shm file ivshmem: Permission denied
cannot bind

derp

Please direct all support inquiries to this thread:

That said, try this:

sudo rm /tmp/ivshmem_socket

and run it again. (killing the ivshmem server leaves the socket file)

Small correction to fedora’s build documentation:

$ dnf install git mesa-libGL-devel mesa-libGLU-devel SDL2-devel SDL2_ttf-devel openssl-devel spice-protocol fontconfig-devel libX11-devel gnu-free-mono-fonts ivshmem-tools

1 Like

Please submit it as an issue on the github repo