980Ti and minecraft, plz send help

You're gpu and cpu will not be hardly used at all minecraft unless you are looking at large things is not hard to run unless you have some hardcore texture mods. i am running it on a 4790k and a 980 with default HD texture pack. if i put it to unlimited fps its at 167 flying around my roommates giant castle.

that sounds like a storage problem.

Well your problem is obviously. Clearly a 980 ti just isn't powerful enough to run such a graphically intense game such as minecraft.

3 Likes

ok on default settigns and such i get over 300+ fps rn but why cant i crank the render ot max :(

ok now, these are my settings> I dont use fullscreen since i have multiple monitors just have it maximized

Should I not be able to crank it to 32 chunks though? I have it set to 14 and everything else to stock and it seems to be ok with 120 cap but why cant i do more? Why wont my 980Ti ramp up to push more frames?

This is single player? what kind of Storage do you have?

the game is on an ssd from adata about 50-52% full and then 3 1TB drives and one 600GB drive for other misc things and yes single player

Single player is bad for me as well long wait time to load map. I improved my performance with these, wasn't a problem before on my server but whatever

here try these args in your profile i added a 4 and it made it load quicker and fps better

make sure to delete all the old args

-Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

these are just the default ones with a 4 instead of a 1

Well thank you sir I think I will keep those settings and keep chunks to 16. Man I thought that MC would scale bettert with a high end GPU but I guess mojang doesnt care. Thanks though!

you should be able to do 32 with those args, i am. Minecraft is coded in java, java is shit for games at lease minecraft is.

mojang doesn't own minecraft anymore it's microsoft, mojang might have a part in it still tho idk don't follow that shit. you would get better performance if you played on a multiplayer server.

if you want to play on a basicly empty multiplayer server you can join mine renewcraft.no-ip.biz it is nothing special just dont destory other peoples stuff. here is a map as well http://renewcraft.no-ip.biz:8123

thanks for all the help, I do have a server but its s tekkit serevr, Microsoft get your shit together!! lol

If the server is on the same computer as than one you want to game on, performance will also be lower as well.

yeah i got that but i had it off through the tests. Tekkit is tha bomb eiter way so i fi have to turn down settings a little then so be it i guess

best thing you can do is just get a HD texture pack i use one called Default HD but its for normal mc don't know how it would do on tekkit

if needed those args i linked move the 4 to 6 or 8 that is the number that says minecraft can use upto this much memory if needed. just don't go to high make sure you leave enough memory for windows to run. with it at 1 and set to 32 i couldn't even play on single player mode.

if you hit f3 it will show you stats, so like fps, memory used stuff like that.

Try this:
Edit Profile:
Version 1.8.8
JVM Arguments: -Xmx4G

IngameSettings:
Graphics: Fancy
SmothLighting: Maximum
Mipmap Levels: 4
Use VBOs: ON
RenderDistance: 10

It might be a problem with Java wich loads your CPU (Task Manager, Processes, click on CPU). When a world is loaded, your cpu should run at something from 10 to 40%.
You could try to run FTB Infinity, for some wierd reason, I get more FPS in that then in Vanilla Minecraft.
Edit: Might be a driver problem, a friend of mine has problems with Java-Applications crashing for no good reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Minecraft is CPU dependent and only really utilizes one thread, so a decent GPU to a certain extant won't help fps.

Edit: I am curious to see how much fps you would gain if you overclocked your 4790k.

Simple test: Set up commandblock with this command: "/summon PrimedTnt ~ ~5 ~ {Fuse:1}" and hook them up to a fast pulsing clock with a comperator. Now open the taskmanager and look wich cores are working when you turn that ear-breaker on. For my part, 4 cores of the FX-8320 get higher loads by about 15%.

Well I guess the Java just cant take advantage of the 4790k or the 980Ti but I got settings to make it work at 120fps at least. Thanks for the suggestions @CrossCarbon @Meekoman25 , I do wanna see if the CPU does ramp up with that, will try later today.