8 inch tablet- too small to be productive?

Hello,

I was looking at an 8 inch tablet for a few reasons

I was looking for a portable tablet to take notes on in the libary/lectures but also something that I could watch movies/play games on, on the train, in bed etc.

Do you think 8inch like the shield tablet k1 or something else would be a good middle ground for balancing both or is it too small to be productive it I was to get a bluetooth keyboard and use the stylus.

Many Thanks,

I had the first Shield Tablet. I'd argue that it was too small to be productive. I used it to take lecture notes, but it gets tedious to use. Ideally, in my opinion, you need a physical keyboard of some sorts, and at least a 9 inch screen.

If you're set on Android, something like the Dell Venue 10 7000 would be better for productivity. Otherwise, a small Windows laptop would be better.

I am not set on android per say but I am student on a budget and android tablets are much cheaper than ipads, do you think it would be much netter to save up some more and get a Ipad.

As a productivity machine, i'd just recommend you save for a Surface 3. It's definitely worth it. 8 inch machines are nice but not good for productivity as much as OEMs like to think they are.

If you can save up for something the price of an iPad, it might be worth taking a look at the Pixel C.

2 Likes

Can personally vouch for the C, best tablet I've ever owned.

I've used the iPad mini to write down notes on slides and it's totally fine. Maybe you should get something with a 4:3 aspect ratio in the 8" screen size. 16:9 is stretched out to be useful if you want to write down something in landscape and too tight if you want to use it in portait.