7950X Build

I’ve just finished my new build and transferred over my old GPU as I haven’t decided on which GPU to upgrade to, an Rtx 4080 or a 7900XTX.

AMD 7950x

G.Skill 64Gb 6000mhz cl30 ram

Nvidia Rtx 3080 ti

Lian Li Evo case

1Tb SN850 M.2 SSD

2Tb SN850 M.2 SSD

2TB KC3000 M.2 SSD

2 * 360mm EK P360 Radiators

EK Lian Li Evo Distro Plate

EK D5 pump

EK watercooling fittings bar some temp bitspower fittings I used while waiting for the last fittings to arrive.

RM1000 psu with cablemod cables

2 Likes

I finally replaced the bitspower fittings as the other fittings arrived. I accidently ordered the large plugs rather than the micro ones so I couldn’t replace the silver plugs.

I’ve added the pump cover and replaced the silver allen key fittings with micro torque fittings so it appears more seemless.

1 Like

Just a note the rear facing fan should probably face in, as its going to fight the air for that other top facing fan and reduce cooling as that fan wont get as much air.

I have it their as with previous boards I used, the 10gb nic would overheat as the heatsink would get too warm with low airflow over it, with setting the fans low its better having more over fans pulling air off the heatsink.

I upgrade the GPU to a 7900XTX. Going AMD for the first time in years. Between the Nvidia tax and the 12 pin cable issues, I figured it was time to switch. I was pleasantly surprised how good the gpu drivers are now.
I also replaced all the drives with a 2TB Seagate 530 for the OS, 4TB Seagate 530 for game and a 1TB SN850 for data.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.