$680 Build, Fastest for the money!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s4ar

Check this bad boy out, could easily add a 64 GB SSD, but this is on a budget.

Explaination on the parts:

Cpu:

The FX-6300 is the fastest cpu for $130 with the overclocking ability of an easy 4.6 to 4.8GHz. No overclocking is needed to reach 4.1 GHz. No CPU cooler for the sake of a budget but if you have $25 a 212 plus will lower the temps ~10C.

GPU:

This 7870 is built for overclocking, Temps average an insane 50-52 at full load so a 1175/1350 overclock is easyily acheived. 40-50 FPS average on almost evey modern-day game

RAM:

...It's 8 GB of Muskin Blackline for $30 (with combo from Newegg) 1600 Mhz is perfect for this build along with the low cas and 1.5v. What more could you want? (WARNING!!! TO ACHIEVE 1600 MHz SOME THINGS IN THE BIOS NEED TO BE TWEAKED)

Motherboard

High-quality 970 From ASRock places for 4 DIMMs if you need more ram in the future. PCI-E 2.0, compatible with GPU. 8 channel Realtk audio with room to upgrade to a real sound card. 2 Usb 3.0 (not internal), 5 SATA 6.0 Gb/s. Am I missing anything?

PSU

Corsair 500 is all you need for this build 'nuffsaid.

Case

This is personal preference anything below $70 will keep you in budget. (Remember that there is no internal USB 3.0 header)

This was created by me over a period of 2 1/2 months so it should be solid.

FIRST TIME BUILDERS REMEMBER TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. THIS MAY BE GOOD BUT THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN PUTTING TIME AND EFFORT INTO YOUR OWN BUILD!

Thanks for reading!

-Evan

Good sir, i shall challenge you on that system being best for the money! Heres a quick competitor system. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s5ar

FX 4300- 10 dollars less, should be plenty considering most games love graphics cards more then they do processors.

Hyper 212 Evo ofcourse

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX- I know i know its not a high end board by any means but it has usb 3.0 and sata 3, it does the job. Sacrifices had to be made!

Same ram as your build.

WD 500Gb Blue- More then enough for most budget gamers.

XFX Hd7950- Far faster then the 7870, overclock likes a champ and 3gb of gddr5(for those games like Far cry 3)

Rosewill Capstone 650- Gold certified, 54 amps on the 12v and a 5 year warranty to boot.

Solid PSU, Fast graphics card with a hint of FX CPU. $677, more sacrifices can be made to lower that price even more.

Only problems with this

PSU: Rosewill is okay but not great

Mobo+Case: Micro ATX and the case has no Usb 3.0 so the Usb 3.0 is pointless anyways.

HDD: only 500 gb idk.. I can fill 500 gb in a few months.

Thanks for the comment though!

you can fill 500gb in a few months? O.o its taken me 2 years to use 300gb

I can fill 500gb in a few days... =\

Good sir please do a quick google search for "Rosewill Capstone review", all positive  reviews and praises. It really is a wonderful priced powersupply for what you get currently, it is honestly a better bargain then the CX series(for a mid range system and higher build)!

The case, you have me beat good eye and thank you for correcting me on that!

The HDD i'll agree to disagree on that one, different folks different capacities ;)