64GB DDR5 DIMMS on 13th gen Intel

Good day,

I am currently working on a 13th gen system specification based on a previous build I have completed which has been in service for the last 9 months. Essentially it will be a duplicate system, but the motherboard will be Z790 instead of Z690 due to availability. Otherwise I would build an exact duplicate as tried and tested.

At the time of speccing up the original build, I quoted 4x 32GB DDR5 dimms but quickly changed that to 2x 64GB DDR5 dimms upon reading about stability issues with running 4x 32GB above 4800MHz (I think, might be lower).

Now my question is has any body else had success running 64GB DDR5 dimms on Intel 13th gen? Looking at alternative board options got me checking the recommended memory configurations and I can only find 48GB dimms recommended, could of swore I saw 64GB dimms last year, certainly not there anymore.

Thanks,
Tim

Can’t find 2*64GB DDR5 UDIMM kits on newegg/b&h, you might be trippin’

1 Like

i ordered 2x32GB 4800 DDR5 from crucial, they arrive on wednesday then i have 4x32GB in my MSI MPG Z690 FORCE WIFI and 13700K

right now i use that auto overclock @5800Mhz i post on wednesday how that journey went.

1 Like

It wasn’t a kit.

Part number? Now I’m curious.

Probably RDIMMs, they don’t fit into consumer boards.

I’m not aware on any other 64GB DIMMs

1 Like

Upon rechecking part numbers it would appear that I am miss remembering specifics.

What I actually did was swap from 4x 16GB dimms to 2x 32GB dimms, for the same reasoning as before, stability at above 5000MHz when using 4 dimms. Apologies everyone.

If a moderator would be kind enough to delete this thread that would be much appreciated.

5400MT @128gb Autooverclock :slight_smile: iam Fine with that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.