5Ghz overclock on Athlon X4 760K Black Edition

Here's the CPU-Z validation for my new overclock just in case anyone is interested. https://valid.x86.fr/9m3u20
CPU temp is around 51 C while running AIDA64's stability test.
Cinebench R15 score is 326.

2 Likes

What is the single-threaded score? Wondering how much of an improvement occurs with a 25% overclock vs stock.

Also: What CPU cooler are you using to keep it that cool at 1.52v?

The single threaded score was 97. I'm using an H80i V2 for cooling.

Uh, would you mind retesting after rebooting your computer?

My 4850e from 2008 gets a similar score (stock):

Think he meant CineBench single-thread score, which 97 is pretty close to what I'd expect from it. (CineBench is slower on chips without L3).

Uh, CineBench measures multi-threading. And I just so happen to know that my 4850e gets a CineBench score of 99.

Yeah, 97 was the Cinebench single thread score.

1 Like

Okay that makes more sense. After retesting, my 4850e gets 52cb using 1 render block on CineBench R15. So a score of 97 is about ~87% faster than that core-per-core. Impressive o.o

With 4 cores that should be ~400cb since rendering scales linearly, also impressive considering an 8350 8-core part @ 4.0 Ghz gets 640cb. So with half the cores it should get 50% the performance but actually gets 62.5% due to OC. Also impressive. ^^

CineBench measures multi, single, and OpenGL. You can run the single-thread test by enabling "Advanced benchmark".

At similar clocks the Athlon will always score lower per-core than the higher-end FX CPU simply due to the lack of L3 cache. Any CPU uarch with L3 last-level cache attached will see a performance jump in CineBench. Also, @Camster367's score of 326cb is quite a bit lower than other people's scores with this same CPU at roughly the same clocks. A few people were getting around 376cb. The discrepancy could be explained by processes running in the background, or simply hardware differences. Some combinations of parts just get better scores in some tests.

1 Like

1.52 vcore and 5 ghz on:

Very Very Very impressive! Congrats!
Also says one of the top 15 OC's on that cpu in the past year

1 Like