Hey, have been looking for a decent build, but every seems really gaming heavy. I will only be doing light gaming so a $300 graphics card is a waste of my money. I don't need much space so ssd? I will be doing light video editing and photo editing, and on the web a lot. I don't really care amd or intel, I just need it to do those tasks. If I have any change in budget I will let you know. Thanks!
Well with that budget im going to say AMD is going to be the only route.
Do you have anything to use atm? Mouse, keyboard, monitor, cd drive, ect?
I will be so bold and link you to my System :P You can easily go with a 7770 or something like that. If the rumors are true, and Kaveri will become a 3-Module CPU, you can upgrade to it, with that System. Or you get a A10-6700.
As i mentioned in that thread, i wouldn't go with AM3+, because i think it's dead (mostly because there are no new Chipsets in the future). But the FX-6xxx are getting pretty cheap...
My actual budget is 650ish. I'm putting a hundred towards windows. I also have a mouse, monitor, and keyboard.
Something like this:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TxJd
- CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
- Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
- Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
- Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
- Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
- Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
- Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($18.99 @ Newegg)
- Total: $545.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-26 17:39 EDT-0400)
no cpu cooler, but you can always add one later.
altogether $546.34 after all the mail in rebates.
although i would go for the asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard instead.
Am I the only one not seeing the link or did he forget to link it?
Whoops, i forgot it...sorry!
I did a quick search and found not every part at Partpicker, but i tryed^^
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TLJG A10-6700, 8 GB 2133 RAM, 128 GB SSD, silent case... 547$
No problem, if you put that in part picker that would be awesome. Then I could compare it to the others side by side.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TLMl Nearly the same as the one i added above, but with dedicated GPU and 760K (wich has more OC-Potential then the A10-6700, but also needs more Power) - 560$
Both versions are a lot more Power Efficient, then the FX-63xx and the 760K has more raw power. If you really use a program, that utilizes all 6-Cores, then the FX is a wee bit faster. But i bet you'll never get down to 40-60 Watt while surfing the net with the FX. The A10-6700 presumably uses less, then the 760K with R9 270X i tested - so you should get down to 25-40 Watt.
Edit: I didn't add a CPU Cooler on both, because i couldn't find the Thermalright Macho 120 on Partpicker^^ But you should get one other, then the boxed, because they can get quite loud...