500-700 PC Guidance

Hello fellow gamers, I have been a gamer since maybe the age of 10. I am a member of the U.S. Airforce. I have a terrible laptop that i play game with so I have been sticking to console games. I recently stumbled across a video that showed the $450 desktop build and was instantly interested. I was wounded in Iraq and cannot use 2 fingers on my left hand so gaming on a console is hard when you have a laptop. I have a lot of medical bills and surgeries ahead of me but i can save maybe $ 500-700 for a PC to attempt to get away from the pain of holding a console controller.

Hey Gnome,

Does the cost of a monitor, keyboard and mouse need to be included in this budget?

I do feel humbled that I'm helping a person in the Airforce.  Like what Marvin said, I am also wondering if you need an Operating System, Monitor, Keyboard, and Mouse.  Do you want to have an overclock-capable system?(cost will be higher, for the most part)

Something like this would be a good starting point for a $650 computer.  This is hardware only, and only includes the physical parts of the tower.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Y8zf

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor.  As games learn to optimize for more cores, this 6 core option would be a pretty decent performer for the money.

MOBO: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard.  Budget motherboard, but pretty good quality.

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.  8GB is around the sweet spot for gaming today, and at speeds of 1600mhz, this will be perfectly fine.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.  Put everything on here.  It's plenty of storage, and reliable.

GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card.  This is one beast of the card for most games.  If you have a 1080p monitor, this will work perfectly.

Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case.  A great budget case.

PSU: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply.  I have one of these in my own system.  It runs quiet and cool.  Don't skimp on power supplies!  This PSU is a pretty good value.

I can find a keyboard and mouse I have in storage I believe. Its hard to find room to spoil myself when so many people have less than me so I would like to stay in the 600 range. I like the Tech noobs suggestion alot it seems like it will work fine. Idk about overclocking I'm more worried about the cost. As I said before doctor bills aren't cheap. :) thank you for the suggestions and all that work you put in for me. Ill try my hardest to get some spRe cash together. Thank you gentleman.

Cant really do much better than TechNoob's build, mostly posting to wish you luck with the treatments and hopefully you get better as soon as possible. greetz from UK

Thank you Namix, met alot of spec forces from the UK you guys are a great bunch of people. 2 surgeries to go :) ty for the wishes