5.0 Home Cinema - Cost Breakdown

Hey guys,

I just recently informed myself in the forum about good ways of setting up a home cinema, since I am a fan of Surround Sound and 3D. So since I have bought everything by now, I thought I just send you what I bought, so for anyone that is interested in getting something like that, you know what you “might” need/want and what pricerange you should calculate on.

This is no high end setup by all means, but if you have a nice room, I think you should have a lot of fun watching movies/series.

1056€ 55" 3D 4K TV [Panasonic TX-55CXM715] NEW
49€ 3D glasses Bluetooth NEW
90€ 12x 3D Blu-Ray’s (IMDB 7+) NEW & USED
18€ HDMI cable NEW
23€ TV BIAS Lighting NEW
93€ Blu-Ray Player NEW
65€ TV wallmount NEW

= 1394€

404€ Receiver [Pioneer VSX-930] NEW
82€ Wallmount Center & Surrounds NEW
44€ Speakercable NEW
75€ Center [Canton GLE 455] USED (like new, 1 year warranty left)
110€ Surrounds [Canton GLE 420.2] USED (like new, 1 year warranty left)
478€ Front Speaker [Canton GLE 490.2] Ausstehend NEW

= 1193€

=> 2587€

I hope this might helps anyone. Of course, those are german prices, so this might changes for you & you have to search for different stuff in your own country, this is mainly just a list of a possible price range.

Cheers,
Niklas

I've never understood the Center speaker. I prefer just having two very nice front towers.

That's a nice receiver btw.

When the centre speaker is configured correctly you get much clearer dialogue in movies and a better sense of sound positioning. The same could be said with having your front left and right speakers configured correctly too. But a misconfiguration centre speaker sounds awful and can ruin the whole set up.

The main advantage of a centre channel is that you can adjust the volume of dialogue independently of the sound effects and sound track. Of course you don't need a centre speaker to do this. It's the same reason there's a 0.1 channel for LFE rather than just putting it in to the main channels.