4090 & 3090 for SD?

Hi all,

When I bought my 4090, I kept my EVGA 3090 FTW3. I recently got into AI/SD and wanted to hook them up in the same system. Has anybody done this/what would be some issues I’d run into besides heat? I have a 1300w seasonic PSU and theoretically that has just enough head room. Thanks!

I would definitely install afterburner and slide the power down to 70-80%
PSUs age and output less power over time

Better to not be on the edge of your maximum potential output, also transient spikes can send it over the edge

Maybe invest in a bigger one, it’d be a shame for the power supply to take the cards with it

1 Like

That’s a good idea on the output. I hadn’t thought about it before. I wonder what kind of performance that will do on just the single 4090?

Was thinking about going to the Dark Power Pro 13 since it’s ATX 3.0 but the pinout on that PSU is confusing me at the moment. May go with the Corsair 1500 (2023) since they look like they are on sale at the moment.

By chance, do you know if I can hook up a second PSU to the 3090 separate from everything else?

Thanks for the advice.

You can hook a second PSU up, just get a 24pin PSU jumper, I do the same for my 3x GPU machine :slight_smile:

Heres a link for one: