• 4-Port KM Switch with USB 3.2 Gen 1 Mouse Roaming Function*

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

• 5-gigabit

Problem:

• Having an issue properly setting my mouse to 800 dpi

Other Notes:

Mouse: BenQ ZOWIE EC2-CW
Keyboard: Filco Majestouch-2

My mouse is set to 800 DPI on the mouse itself but reading the manual I saw that the KM takes control of settings since I’m trying to use Mouse Roaming. When I try to configure my mouse using the hotkeys to setup 800 DPI it feels nothing like what I’m normally used to. Also kind of confused how 4800 DPI is considered (Lowest Speed) and 100 DPI is a Fast speed.

Thanks

I wasn’t expecting a DPI setting built in to the KM Switch when purchasing it since I don’t recall reading anything mentioning it when I was looking to purchase, was just expecting to plug my devices and use hotkeys for switching between computers and turning on mouse roaming.

The first thing I would try is disabling mouse roaming to see if the mouse behaves as you expect normally.

For mouse roam to function (because of acceleration) it has to change the type of device the mouse is when reported to the host. IF your dpi is set on the mouse generally it doesn’t matter because the mouse tells the kvm that it has moved a country mile when it has only moved a little bit.

The co-ordinates reported to the host are translated to absolute co-ordinates so when you hit the edge of the display, the kvm then starts sending events to the other host in its own absolute co-ordinate space.

On a usb3 port the mouse will passthrough “as-is” but ofc roaming doesn’t work in that case. Otherwise everything works as you’d expect though.

When I try the Hotkey to Disable Mouse Roaming I hear a beep once but nothing happens, I’m still able to move my mouse back and forth to each PC