3gpu setup, upgraded one of them, now apps not working. Have I ran out of pcie lanes?

Hey all, I have been using 3 gpu setup for sometime now, for renders and stuff. I have an x370 chipset motherboard with ryzen 3700x and rtx 2080s/1080/1080 gpus, 1500w psu. Everything was working perfectly with pcie 8x8x4x until I have upgraded one of them with 4080 super.

It’s all detected by apps, gpu-z etc, still showing 8x8x4x everything looks normal, it’s just none of the 3D applications working anymore, including games. So things I tried, 4g enabled, changed and increased virtual memory. Ran ddu and reinstalled all drivers, updated bios, swapped cards around. I am not using any risers.

When I remove one of the gpus, keeping 4080s and 2080s together, everything works perfectly. So right now I’m thinking maybe my motherboard and chipset is not sufficient anymore so I should upgrade to X570 motherboard. Maybe pcie 4.0 will help. Though still pretty strange as I had enough lanes for 3 gpus before.

I know another extra gtx 1080 there won’t make massive difference, but I do want to benefit from all as renders I do can take tons of time like 50-100 hours.

Any tips on this or any sort of help is much appreciated! Thanks!