3DMark Fire Strike results...for Linux? wut?

I know synthetic benchmarks aren’t as useful as they might seem at first. Nonetheless, on a lark I decided to try Fire Strike under Proton Experimental on my Nvidia-equipped laptop. And it mostly worked. You’ll notice that the the system specs aren’t displayed, and it seems to think somebody was screwing around with system timer. At any rate, the magic number is…

Specs for the curious: Intel i7-10750h, 16GB DDR4-2933, Nvidia 2070 Max-Q, PopOS 22.04

Well that was…weird. I’ll try Time Spy at some point, but DX12 support is hit and miss right now…

2 Likes

Seems to be in the ballpark from memory.

No real reason it shouldn’t work outside of the checks for system spec, etc. Firestrike is quite old now and doesn’t make use of any special new fancy GPU features that linux’s windows emulation shouldn’t now be handling just fine.

1 Like

I too noticed some of the 3dmarks would launch with steamplay…

1 Like

Night Raid and Time Spy do not work for me. Might under a different Proton, but switching up Proton versions too much can cause issues.

@nx2l Did you have to do anything special to get Night Raid (DX12) to work?

no

time spy wouldnt launch for me, but night raid and one other (cant recall right now) did.

by default i use proton experimental … i didnt try any others… but i probably should now

1 Like

firestrike was the 2nd one that worked for me.
Time spy didnt.

1 Like

I think i cant run time spy b/c my 3dmark is stuck thinking its the basic edition, even though i have the key for advanced…

and b/c its steamplay… idk how to get it to realize its advanced…

1 Like

Same here. It’d be nice to try some of the advanced tests, but the basic version only has a couple of tests.

yeah i guess its stuck on basic until proton/steam play gets even better