390 Crossfire and AMH A399U

Hi guys, been stalking these forums for months and finally have something to talk about. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the 390 (or 290 for that matter) in Crossfire on the AMH A399U 4k monitors. I'm in the process of upgrading my rig and the AMH looks perfect, but I'm concerned if I go the 390 route I won't have enough horsepower to play games like World of Warcraft at acceptable framerates.

I also haven't seen any 390 crossfire benchmarks to get an idea for where the performance is at 4k, so curious if anyone here could either point me in the right direction or give me some feedback. Thanks.

Dear WoW friend. World of warcraft is a game that is 10 years old+. crossfired 390 is the definition of overkill for world of warcraft. regardless of 4k or not. you could get away with much less.

I'm with you there, absolutely.

Prior to WoD's graphic upgrade I'd have felt exactly the same, now however I just don't know. I'm only concerned because it's 4k and such a huge screen.

WoW is still WoW, regardless of the Update of WoD or whatever patch, the game engine is still the same, I just bought a AMH A399U and i'm sure i'll be able to run 4k with one GTX970. Have confidence!

Thanks, that's very reassuring.

I've been stuck between AMH and a 1440p screen, but a good 1440 seems to be close enough in price to the AMH that I don't think it's worth it. But if I was going to NEED $500 cards to run it, then I was going to cry lame into my coffee.