38 GB Ram

You ever benchmark that ram?

How well does it perform?

I am most impressed with that you keep them quite organized.

I have 32gb ddr3 from a build three years ago. It's amazing. My work laptop has 4gb and it makes me want to throw it out the damn window every 10 seconds

This might interest you, for $50, and with the functionality of a ram but with the non-volatile trait of a storage, all with better performance.

Rest in peace, RAM

1 Like

Yea but not a RAM, also only works with Kaby Lake Systems.

i started with 128gb
moved down to 64

LOL no. Better performance than a swap file on spinning rust or maybe even a flash SSD.... but not better performance than RAM.

Currently this is only about 2/3 the cost of RAM. You're probably better off spending that money on RAM instead of optane. Optane needs to come WAY WAY down in price for it to be worth it. And now we are starting to bump into the throughput limits of PCIe lanes because there aren't enough... which will be a constraint when you have a NVMe SSD and an Optane, and a couple video cards.

No, it's BS. Also it isn't really acting like RAM, more like a swap drive. But Intel being Intel...

"You don't need a whole drive to be fast, son! Not yet. Let us slowly get there, incrementally, in tiny tiny steps, because ... for safety reasons. .. uhm, and the children."

Those optane sticks don't even work with celerons and pentiums, as far as I know.
Because if you have no money for an SSD, i3/i5/i7 CPU makes total sense, right?

I should've had said better, complement the ram perhaps. If you already have a kaby lake, a $50 cache to improve app loading times ain't a bad deal imb.

Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic. Like 80% of this thread is now discussing @NetBandit's build and browser tab management :slight_smile:

OK, there is no such thing as to much RAM.

Done.

Its never overkill :stuck_out_tongue: dont listen to her .. haha jk for standard gaming yes it is. Now if you want to do something exotic that relies heavily on write caching in the game then you could use the extra memory to make a ram disk and possibly improve the performance but even then for the price its not worth it but hell if you wanna do it for the why not factor go for it

300-500 tabs? At that point the human is the bottle-neck.

1 Like