2x3DP1.4 5gb KVM and odd USB behavior/missing devices

KVM Model:

2x3DP1.4

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

5gb - so USB-A interface.

Problem:

Love the KVM, but I’ve always had an odd issue or two with USB, but I managed to work around it well enough by changing habits and rearranging items so that a couple were direct attached to a machine.
All video behavior is fine, so in that aspect it works perfectly. Unimportant but 2x27 asus pg278g using direct DP. last is an old dell 24 1080p.

A little more setup context:
PC1: AMD itx pc. Win 10
PC2: Levovo laptop & type C dock. win 11
USB devices:
Most peripherals are USB 2.0. Most of the “standard” HID pieces (Tex Beetle and Logitech g502) behave as expected*. I also have DAC (Topping D10), Webcam Logitech c920e and USB mic Fifine K668 and these are where we start running into trouble. Note, of this list the webcam was direct attached to PC2 and I had reached a sort of stability comfort with the setup. Until yesterday.

Essentially, I only switched between PCs when both were off. It just lent to greater stability of the systems (logitech mouse would occasionally be recognized as a generic, and I’d lose profile mapping).

Yesterday, I had to disconnect power to everything while still up and running. After much plugging/unplugging, reboot, shutdown power-on cycles here is my current status:

Everything works when direct attached, but when going through KVM I lose my microphone. Same story for the webcam - which I would love to have through the KVM, I know there are issues there so not a direct deal breaker. The DAC can also be a bit flaky, but is currently functional.

current layout: DAC is front USB3 port, K,M & Mic are on the back 3 HID ports. I was playing around with everything and moving connections everywhere, but ultimately, BOTH PCs are showing this:
Edit: Image failed. But Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
Or some variation of an error with an unknown USB device. Code 22, code 43, etc.

which I’ve confirmed is the KVM itself. Currently, I’ve disabled it, and it seems to have no other affect on devices passed through. No level of fiddling with drivers unplug/shutdown/plugin seems to cause it to behave correctly.

Not sure if it’s a red herring, but man, it would be nice to eliminate that “bad device”, have my mic available on both pc’s again. And if I could get the webcam to work, bonus.

Thoughts?

If it needs a driver it isnt hid.
Unplug the kvm from power and usb and dont put those devices in a hid port. Usb2 != hid

Use a usb3 hub if you need more usb ports.

I’ll look into a new hub. The one I currently have seems iffy at best, so I haven’t been using it.

That said - am I chasing shadows of issues with this port reset failed error?

I can work with the system as is, but if I could legitimately hook a usb hub in and power everything through that, to the kvm without issue, it would be golden.

Appreciate the help. This really is an awesome product and so glad I picked one up!

Your setup doesnt seem atypical so its probsbly some device causing issues for all the other devices. Remember hid ports are grpuped together internally. One not hid device in a hid port can wreck all other hid devices.