2x32gb DDR4 in an X470 board

Some qvl lists actually suggest this is possible. But I’d like to check before I go ahead and order it. So I’m on the Taichi Ultimate x470 that has four dim slots but the x470 chipset can only address 64 gigs of memory.

As it’s well known by now that on the x370, x470 and the x570 motherboards two DIMMs it’s generally better than four – for overclocking and also for stability I suppose.

Anyone try this yet?

How about on x370 or x470 motherboards with only two DIMM slots - just out of obsessive curiosity?

I’ve also listened that single rank dims are better than dual rank. Could someone suggest single rank 32 gig sticks of between 3200 and 3600 MHz?

My understanding is that dual rank is better than single rank, but they are harder to overclock. If overclocking is your goal, then go single rank.

2 Likes

Totally possible even on Asrock B450 Pro 4 boards. I’d even say that 2 slot boards are better at this than 4 slot boards since you have less open traces dangling about.

Using 2x M378A4G43MB1-CTD here.
Not OC’d but works perfect.

2 Likes

works fine have used 2x32gb ecc, going of QVL generally just means you might no hit its rated speed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.