2700x or wait for possible 2800x

Well I didn’t mention that my dad does alot of digital art and stuff.

The ryzen will be a real upgrade in terms of web responsiveness.
I can tell you from my A10-7700k 4Ghz machine sitting behind me… the ryzen is atleast twice as responsive on the web.
Even the Ryzen 3 is twice as responsive as that APU machine… the APU’s just aren’t the best in terms of latency and you really can “feel” it when you use the machine.
For original Bulldozer… well no matter the clockspeed for web browsing it will have noticeable delay/lag in pageloads especially with heavy JS elements.
FX was great for multitasking, but its not good at any one task due to the really poor per-core performance.

You speak truth. My 1800x has a faster response time for just about everything than my old 8350.

I was going to say same, & i agree entirely. AM4 & Intel - nice cpu, shame about the rest.

e.g.

what’s the best thing to happen toPCs in a long, long time? NVME IMO. How many non gimped chipset lanes available? Precisely 0 for intel and just a single nvme for AM4.

Its very puzzling to me that all these folks claiming cutting edge gear, will soon discover it is ~unexpandable.

Every subsequent addition of anything involving bandwidth, will be a hair tearing compromise and result in gimped performance. Raid nvme is impossible e.g.

Nothing could be more fundamental to your present and future satisfaction than double bandwidth memory. It is the pivot point for all processes.

Zen+ has been a wonderful tidy up of the wonderful but inevitably half baked Zen1, and its focus was on the cores.

TR has 16 cores so you really feast from zen+ extra servings on TR. The zen+ TR will go down as a classic. There is no reason to wait further for Zen 2. You will not want for anything for a long time.

AM4 and intel owners will soon find themselves excluded from future advances.

Both of the M.2 slots on the Asus Crosshair VII Hero have PCIe X4 lanes directly to the CPU, and are raidable afaik. I think it may be the only AM4 motherboard with this configuration.

The downside is this cuts the 2nd graphics card’s lanes down to X4. For SLI/Crossfire, that could be a problem. For single video card systems or those with at least one low powered video card, it might not be an issue and represent a more useful lane allocation.