2020 High End GPUs Predicting Output

Do you folks think there will be any changes in the output for 2020 Top tier Graphics Card? I currently have a GTX 1080 and have been thinking of upgrading my entire system, but after hearing about LG releasing their HDMI 2.1 TVs this year I decided to wait.

Could it be possible that 2020 GPUs will have HDMI 2.1 or even Displayport 2.0?

I am more interested in the possible technology of next year graphics card, than the performance since I usually avoid eye candy AAA games.

I would say they will have HDMI 2.1 yes. Some of the RTX cards got the VRR (variable refresh rate) part of HDMI 2.1 as an update recently. Not sure if it got full standard certification though.

So I would expect at least the nvidia cards to have HDMI 2.1.

The XBone is also HDMI 2.1 spec and that is running AMD graphics so they can do it too, just a question of if they will on new cards coming.

I know nothing of DisplayPort 2 yet though, but it is becoming far more relevant as HDMI chokes increasingly more due to bandwidth, which granted 2.1 will hold off for now but it seems monitor and graphics hardware is outpacing HDMIs improvements and DP being a more free and open standard is gaining fast.

1 Like