200Gb coherent optics 16QAM - (Solved)

I am trying to set up a 200Gb coherent link between two DCS-7280SRM-40CX2 Arista switches using CFP2-200G-DCO-A transceivers optics with 16QAM and 100GHz grid spacing. This is for data transfer between sites.

we have both switches in tap-aggregation mode (10G inputs on the transmit side, and the 200G on the receive)

I can’t get this connection set up correctly no matter what I try and I can not force the speed to 200Gb (100Gb seems to be the best I can do)

The interface is split into two subinterfaces, so port 41 becomes 41/1 and 41/2 both set to 100Gb (which wouldn’t matter if I still got the 200Gb total) but even these subinterfaces can’t connect. I have configured the channel groups but this has not resolved the issue.

Does anyone know of any tutorials or have an example running configuration that could be useful in helping me fix this issue?

Thanks

Possibly something that @DeusQain may be able to help with?
Please don’t spite me.

1 Like

I have found a solution but I am afraid i do not know why it fixed it.

I adjusted the transceiver channel (Keeping the grid spacing the same).

I guess that channel 1 is out of range of the optic.

I will update after some experimentation

1 Like

Channel one was just out of range by 0.05THz

1 2

I know I solved my own problem but I hate it when you look for a solution and someone else has talked about fixing it without providing an explanation. cough stackoverflow cough

3 Likes

I appreciate you doing this. Thanks.