2 internet providers

Hello all and greetings. I just moved to a house where I am renting a room. The house has already internet from a provider called Quantum Fiber, the thing is this is a 2-story house with 5 bedrooms, and I tell you internet sucks on wifi. So I thought to myself, maybe I can get another internet provider since I have a coaxial outlet in my bedroom)as seen in pics). I talked to the landlord and she said that’s fine, as long as there are no interruptions or modding the house. So I went to my local store Spectrum and picked up a router and cable, service was activated at the address, but I got no connection/signal from the coaxial outlet in my room. I went downstairs where the cable connection was and I saw the following. Can anyone help me out on what to do to get it working? Thanks in advance

Edit* OK so I tried this. I connected all the black coaxial cables inside the white box to the grey box you guys see there. They all say out. Like outgoing connection. Now on the other side of the grey box, it says IN like for incoming connection and it had only one black coaxial cable connected to it. I’m guessing it’s the current provider it has right? So how do I get it to where I can connect with my provider? Do I put some kind of 2 way switch connected to that single coaxial cable in out and connect a small coaxial cable to one end of the switch to in and the other one to the grey box on out? Sorry just trying

The 8 way grey box is a splitter, do you know which of those black coax cables goes to your room?

If you plug the coax cable from the grey box IN directly into your modem, does it work?

Dont know why someone used that big box that hangs out like that at some point when there is clearly a 9 port splitter already mounted there

I would just make an appointment with a tech to install it and they can trace the wire from outside and find out which one it is and get it connected right. You can ask the tech to install a coupler instead of using the splitter too so the coax cable has a direct signal only to your room instead of having the signal attenuated by the splitter to go places it doesnt need to.

I would assume the single coaxial cable connected to the “IN” port is the existing “Quantum Fiber” service. Although it could be something completely different. Unless it is the new “Spectrum” service cable then it does you no good. It’s also kind of strange that it’s on a splitter at all. Makes me think that it is for cable TV. You need to find the coax from the new “Spectrum” drop.

More information needed. When you say, “service was activated” that usually involves a tech coming out and running a coaxial cable from outside into the residence. That coaxial cable then needs to connect to the modem (often moden/router combo). From there you connect your devices to the modem/router and you have internet. If Spectrum never ran a cable and there wasn’t an existing cable (separate from Quantum Fiber) then you have no way to connect to Spectrum.

If you have two ISP’s at one residence there should be two coaxial cables coming in from outside. One from existing Quantum and one from Spectrum. It sounds like Spectrum never ran their cable or maybe there was already one for Spectrum but identifying it is going to be a challenge and you’re probably going to want a tech to come out for that.