2 builds, both "budget" one gaming one media center

Hey guys, 

I'm looking at building 2 new computers over the next month. One of the computers is for my brother, he will mainly be using it for gaming, nothing too fancy, minecraft, simulators off steam, that kinda thing, he uses his ps3 for battlefeild 3, cod ect. He will also be using it just as a general pc for trolling on the internet youtube ect. 

The second PC is for myself. I wont be doing any gaming. It will mainly be for web browsing word docs, youtube, watching HD movies, music, as well as occasionaly making a HD video in after efects / premier and the occasional bit of auto cad work in autodesk inventor. 

The two builds I am thinking of are:

Gaming build for brother: 

going for the 3570k so that it can be overclocked at a later date for more speed if nessisary, obviously will buy an aftermarket cooler for it too. going for a single dimm of ram so that I can buy another later as an upgrade if needed aswell. Is this a good build? good choice of motherboard? reasonable graphics card considering it wont be hammered by HD gaming? I want to keep the build at $700. 

Multi media build for me:

Originaly I was going to build a very similar machine to the first computer mentioned above untill I read up on the z77 mother boards with intergrated wifi to go. Because I am using this as a media center this board would be perfect so I can stream music and movies from this pc to my android devices around the house. I need to keep thsi build also around the $700 mark so to make up for the extra spent on the mother board I have ditched the graphics card as I wont be playing games, I understand that video rendering is all cpu based so i wont need one for that. In my laptop I am surrently running an nvidia 9200m ge which is 256mb of ddr3 it copes relatively well with hd movies and things I do in cad however the fan is broken so its ends up at about 100degs c. will 3570k and z77 intell graphics be atleast as good as my current graphics card? I have looked for 3d mark benchmarks and to my noob eyes they look comparable. again I have gone for the k version of the i5 for possible future overclocking and 1 dimm of ram for future upgrades (gives me ability to go up to 32gb). 

Anything I have missed or you would recomend I change? 

Cheers in advance. 

A couple of things.

You say the gaming computer will be overclocked - then you should get a Z77 board there too, the H77 board you got there won't support it. It doesn't have to be a very expensive Z77 mobo though, ~100$ ATX is fine as it sound the overclocking isn't going to be very high. As for the GPU, get at least a HD 7770, it can be had for almost the same amount of money like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102967

I also don't see any cases there but maybe you got those already.

as far as the media computer goes, you might be good just with integrated gfx, i've hard that the ivy's have decent integrated gfx, and as far as inventor goes, i've gotten it to 'run' on a laptop with a pentium and 512 meg ram (not even supposed to b possible), but I would reccomend 6G's of ram, and maybe a discrete budget gpu. my high school ran inventor on computers that were probably like 6+ years old, and only 2g's of ram on a 32bit os.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121642

i'll put together a build, what size monitor do you want? if you are going to get one for it?

probably your best option for the media comp...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mXTh

getting a discrete gpu would put you over budget, but you can add a discrete later if you want

Cheers for the responce, there is a case and powersupply combo listed in the original specs. cool master 430 case with 500w psu. 

Ill have a look at some other card around the $120 mark then if you think I can do better. ill take that gpu into consideration. 

Anyone know If I can actualy run just 1, 8gb stick in the z77 and H77?. another possible option is to stick with the h77 and just get the 3570, not the K version. Im only thinking about over clocking after its a few years old and it starts to lag so that I can get some extra speed out of it saving me buying new faster hardwear sooner. realisticaly how much longer will that extend the useable life of my hardwear. say I overclocked to 4.4ghz do you think that would be enough speed gain to warent anotehr 2 years of useability?

If you don't want lag, get an AMD CPU and a decent GPU.

Having an i5 helps and all, but really gaming needs alot more from the graphics card than it does the processor.

Could be a good time to try out the new series of AMD processors.

You might also want to get an Nvidia card if you're going to be using Adobe because it has GPU acceleration from CUDA.

well, that build was keeping in mind that you wanted the wifiGO! stuff, i could have brought it down alot more if not for that

Ok sp like the main thing I still want to get answered is, Is over clocking worth it. Im only thinking about over clocking after its a few years old and it starts to lag so that I can get some extra speed out of it saving me buying new faster hardwear sooner. realisticaly how much longer will that extend the useable life of my hardwear. say I overclocked to 4.4ghz do you think that would be enough speed gain to warent anotehr 2 years of useability?