2.5 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB vs Cheap 512GB M.2

I currently have a Samsung 850 pro 512gb, i got it for 115 USD and planning to sell it for 150 USD.

I plan on getting any 512gb m.2 i can get for 150 USD. I plan to use it for my laptop. My current config is Samsung 128gb m.2 evo, 512gb pro + 1TB HDD 2.5. My concern is that it gets around 50-55C hot when installing files because its sitting literally next to the 2.5 HDD . Which also gets the same temps, but during gaming its around 40-45C on both drives.

Do you think I should go for a cheaper m.2?

55C is perfectly fine for an SSD to reach. NAND generally prefers to run at warmer temperatures.

What do you mean “a cheaper M.2?” Like do you think a cheaper one will run cooler or something?

Bit confused as to what you’re asking.

2 Likes

i mean during operation, it causes the HDD or SSD & vice versa to run hotter because it’s like sandwiched together.

The 850 Pro got to 55c, but that wasnt the max temp i got. i just stopped operation since it’s way above my comfort zone and the HDD at that time was almost around the same temp but it wasnt doing anything.

I think going for an m.2 will be better since i still have a vacant slot for it. That way the HDD will be able to breathe better

Are you sure you can sell the 850 Pro for $150? If I had $150, I would probably buy a new 860 Evo over a used 850 Pro.

Not saying it’s impossible, but seems high to me.