2.1 desktop audio setup

So as the title states I am in the process of building a 2.1 channel audio setup for my desk. I do alot of gaming and work at my desk and want to have a quality setup besides my head phones.
Im looking for a basic 2.1 Amplifier and a pair of speakers for right now and want to be able to expand with the a sub in the near future. I was currently looking at the following items

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS1&_nkw=Edifier+R1280T&_sacat=0

My budget is something like 250$ or so but im willing to spend a little more if its necessary. I am currently based out of the US if that helps.

The Edifier R1280T are good speakers, especially for the price. They are active (aka powered), so they already have an amplifier built in. It’d be a bit of a waste to buy the SMSL amp just to not use it.

The Dayton Audio B652-AIR is a very good speaker for the money, but it’s passive so you can use that SMSL amp

The BIC Venturi DV62i is also respected and might be the next step up above the Daytons.

Or the Polk T15, which again, are good speakers.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your input. Any thoughts on the amp?

The SMSL amp is plenty fine. It’s got plenty of inputs, the output is respectable, and it has a subwoofer out. I certainly wouldn’t avoid using one.

alright thanks for your input man.

PC speakers out of the question?

I have these, no complaints.