~1700 build list complete, wondering if my parts are good

With the help of the wonder folks here and on /r/buildapc I've cut down and refined my build quite a bit. This is going to mainly be a gaming rig but I'm also going to be doing some heavy number crunching as well and general development work. I'm planning on doing some overclocking and plan to be using this for the next couple years and adding another card for SLI.

The build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11lx4
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11lx4/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11lx4/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($224.16 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 Tri-Linear 2.7g Thermal Paste ($2.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($139.20 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($128.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($449.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1659.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-30 17:08 EDT-0400)

I'll probably be ordering these about a month or so from now so I might switch the GPU out to the new 770 since they're slightly cheaper and equivalent or better in everything than the 680. Not sure if the next round of Intel will be worth the probable expense of the new generation of motherboards.

Mostly wondering if there's anywhere I can trim some unnecessary overbuilt components. I do want an SSD of about that large but the make isn't a big deal. Thanks.

ps: What's the best way to format a partpicker list? Can't seem to get one with reasonable line spacing.

I would go with a phanteks D14 for the cpu cooler, get the 840 pro series SSD, go western digital caviar black for the HDD and get a 770 for the gpu.

Noctua makes the D14; Phanteks makes the PH-TC14PE. I would go with the PH-TC14PE.

I'd rather get more SSD than a faster SSD; you can easily fit a 250GB Samsung 840 SSD in there.

Plus, I'd drop that PSU to a Seasonic G 550, which is 80+ Gold, semi-modular, and has a fantastically low ripple.

Thats what I mean the phanteks 14, not sure where the "D" came from lol.

Everything I read said the Pro only had a higher write rate which isn't such a big deal for me since they already have a much-better-than-rust speeds. The Caviar Black lines are 2x more expensive and have worse read and write speeds than the Barracuda that I currently have selected. Yeah I plan to do the 770 if it's out or nearly out when I go to order these parts, right now though there's not an actual card available so it's not on the list.

Barracudas have a 30% failure rate, you've been warned.

I want to have the additional head room to be able to just drop another card in for SLI so I need at least 600 or so Watts for the 680s and more for the 770s.

Ah that's annoying. Thanks.