$1500 (mostly) Gaming rig

Ok, so I've been looking to build a $1500 computer that would do a fair bit of gaming (so hyped for GTA V!), but will also cope well with programs like CAD, and possibly some minor video-editing for YouTube vids. Here's what I have so far:

• CPU: Intel i5-3570k [$229]
  • Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 [$69]
  • Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H [$145]
  • RAM: G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz 16GB (2x8) [$85]
  • GPU: ASUS DirectCU II GTX680 OC [$565]
  • PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P [$145]
  • SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB [$99]
  • Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced [$99]
  • Extra: Thermal Compound - Arctic Cooling MX-4 [$7]

Total: $1443 + $32 shipping

I already have a 1080p monitor, keyboard, mouse (although I really should get a new one), and I can salvage a DVD drive and 1.5TB of HDD's from my old rig. I also have a copy of Win7 so no OS needed.

Can I have any feedback on this rig? Any improvements? The budget is NOT to exceed $1500, and I live in Australia, which means rip-off prices. Everything I have listed is from PCCaseGear. If you're bothered to look up prices to change something in the list, use that site preferably, so I don't have to pay for more shipping.

lucky for you I also live in Aus and use pccasegear, those parts look very good, I hope you enjoy your BEAST of a system.

Happy Building :D

Dude I would switch that 660 with a 680 instead. You don't want to go cheap on the GPU. At least get a 670. You want to get as much horse power you possible can get with your GPU if you plan on gaming so you can get the smoothest experience you possible can get. Also why do you need 16GBs of RAM? Save yourself some money and get 8GB as well as a higher frequency such as 2133mhz. Do you do video editing and all that fancy jazz? If you do then alright then. You only need 8GBs if you're just going to game. By the way that heatsink sucks. I know it was on the show but that heat sink sucks with TDP. If you want the best air cooling get the Thermaltake Frio Extreme. The Frio Extreme has a TDP of 250W!!!  Well everything else is alright. I don't know if you're on a budget bro but I would spend a bit more to get a better board and a higher capacity SSD.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src=/images/coolers/thermaltake-frio-extreme/zchart_diagr_big.png

The Frio retaisl for $100, $30 higher then the Havik 140. That bench shows the Havik 120 within 3degrees of the much more expensive frio, i can guess the HAvik 140 will even it out if not cool better then the Frio for less money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231518  $59.99G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB 2133 great price and great menory  and $4 more you can get the Asus gtx680 4gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121705.    other them that build looks beastly

Dude, the TDP doesnt matter because his CPu doesnt have a very high TDP

Lol, if that 680 was was only $4 more in Australia, I would have POUNCED on that so quick. But on PCCaseGear, it's $659, and that would put me over my budget. And Newegg doesn't ship to Australia, so that really sucks.

1. I am getting a 680...
  2. The HAVIK 140 is one of the best cpu coolers according to every review ever.
  3. Minor video editing, so 8Gb should be enough. So I might do that if I see a good deal.
  4. I am on a budget, so I can't really afford a larger SSD.

NCIX does.

Yeah. but then I have to factor in shipping fees. I might actually go for the MSI GTX680 Lightning. That with shipping would cost me about $10 more than the DirectCU II, but it's a 2-slot card and can hopefully overclock like crazy (although it is a bit louder apparently). I haven't really OC'ed before, so the lack of restrictions could lead me to screw myself over a bit, but hopefully I can get a good, stable OC on it.