I need everything (as in all hardware, not software), I'm NOT going to cannibalise any parts from another PC, so this will be a completely fresh pc build.
Things I would like to do or muck around with when I have built the PC; Gaming (Obviously, as I have a massive Steam library), Hosting of game servers, Virtual Machines, Bitcoin Mining, [email protected] (As well as other @home "stuff"), Game creators / editors / engines (e.g. Unity), Blender, etc. These are the main (intensive or somewhat intensive) tasks I will be undertaking and I'm not sure if I will be overclocking (maybe not).
Future Intentions; I plan to double the RAM from 8GB to 16GB, and maybe even add more later.
How can you help; I would like suggestions for improvement in my build, I would like to know if any parts are not compatible with one another (I’m sure they are fine, but just in case), I would like to save money in my build as well (if possible), and I would also like recommendations on the parts I have chosen, (If they are a solid choice, etc.) or if I am missing any parts (e.g. Additional case fans).
I will be updating this list as I choose the parts. Prices are in AUD (Australian Dollar).
- CPU; AMD FX 8350 (Price - $236.00)
- CPU COOLING; (Please help me choose one, I am not sure if it will be to large since I have high profile RAM, and I would like the price to be able to fit within my budget)
- RAM; Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 (Price - $105.93)
- GPU; I will go with one of these, probably the 280X DCUII Y V2 (Price - $419.00)
- MOBO; Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (Price - $179.00)
- SSD; SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB (Price - $114.99)
- HDD; Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue Hard Drive (Price - $69.00)
- ODD; Samsung SH-224 OEM (Price - $19.00)
- PSU; Corsair RM Series 850 Watt (Price - $158.18)
- Case; Fractal Design Define R4 (Price - $154.00)
Things that I do not wan’t to change in my build; CPU, GPU and Case. If you recommend I change any one of the parts I just listed (CPU, GPU and Case), please give a valid reason why. All other parts are open to discussion and revision.
Budget: $1500 AUD (Can go over if absolutely necessary)
Here is a PC Part Picker link for those of you interested (it is unfinished ATM);
Note: Parts available in the US are not all available in Australia, please note this when recommending parts, thanks. The links I provide will most likely not be the final place where I purchase the parts from (just an idea of the price in AUD in which I will be spending).
Also will I require any ESD protection, to protect my components from static (I usually haven't worried about this in the past), If I do require ESD protection can you please provide links to places where I can buy mats and wrist straps from.
Thank you in advance for any and all your help, cheers.