10G switch with both SFP+ and RJ45 ports

im in a spot where i need to combine my network switches. ATM, i have a standard gig switch attaching everything else, and it also feeds a microtik CRS305-1G-4S+IN that connects my main PC, my home server, and backup NAS. like i said, im looking for something that will combine regular ethernet RJ45, and SFP+ into 1 thing, i would like to retain the 10gig capacity on the SFP+ ports, but its not a total deal breaker if its not there. currently im looking at a microtik CRS112-8G-4S-IN, but i cant tell if the has 10gig on the SFP ports. yall have any suggestions?

This has no 10Gb, they are 1Gb

How many RJ45 ports do you need?

at least 3

Would the CRS317-1G-16S+RM work? 16 x 10Gb SFP+ and then you could just buy 3 x RJ45 transceiver?

I got a great deal on a Cisco SX350X-24F which has 24 x 10Gb ports, with 4 being combo RJ45 ports. Maybe setup a search to find one going cheap on eBay

it technically would, but not practically. i dont have a rack, nor have space to put something that would go into a rack. im looking for something thats similar to a QSW-308-1C-US, but a bit of a smaller footprint.

Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S+IN too big?

There’s the CRS305-1G-4S+IN, but thats super small

1 Like

thats what im using right now, im pretty sure i said that. looking to swap it out with something that has a handful of RJ45 as well as the SFP

Would this work for you?

According to Microtik, the CRS112-8G-4S-IN only supports 1.25G SFP modules.

More specific information on the number of RJ45 ports, acceptable rates (e.g. 2.5G/5G good enough?) would help everyone narrow things down.

This QNAP QSW-2104-2S or Trendnet TEG-3102WS looked interesting though.

Gets my vote if 8 ports is enough :slight_smile: I have a few, and love them, completely silent, perfect for home/office, all the random 10G SFPs I tried in them work.

Between 4 and 6 RJ45 will be enough. 2.5 or 5 Gig will probably be enough. Just wanted to stick with 10 gig to keep that spec the same.

For a very small edge switch i used this:

No way enough port for your usage, but interesting to have ( 8GB, 2 2.5-5GB, 2 sfp+)

This one have 1 sfp+ uplink, 3 10Base-T and 8GB

I bought one of these two years ago. Ties into my 10GB NAS and Workstation with Twinaxial cables. $167 on Amazon now. Unmanaged, but handles my home lab setup.

QNAP QSW-308S 10GbE Switch, with 3-Port 10G SFP+ and 8-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch

I have a CSS610 and CRS309 to cover my 1Gig RJ45 and SFP+ needs.

ill admit right now that i had seen that earlier…and only just now looked at its dimensions. ya, that thig will work perfectly.

1 Like

close this thread out. i done bought a QSW-308-1C-US from the Qnap store. i guess once it arrives ill be hanging out in networking for a bit chatting about it.

1 Like