1080p AMD Budget Build

This is my most recent build.

It was a long week with a fair few changes in parts, layout and airflow design.

On top of the above I also had to swap out my motherboard as the second memory channel (last two banks) failed on the first one...

Please excuse the potato cam!

***Specs:
AMD FX-8350 8 Core CPU @ 4.4GHz (1.38v)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler
ASUS M5A99X-EVO R2.0 Motherboard
G.Skill Ares 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 2400MHz F3-2400C11D RAM
Gigabyte Windforce R9 290X OC 4GB GPU @ 1100/5500MHz
Transcend SSD370 512GB Solid State Drive
Toshiba 320GB SATA III 7200rpm 2.5" Hard Disk (VM Storage)
SilverStone Black Kublai KL05 Mid Tower (Windowed)
CoolerMaster Vanguard S 750 Watt 80+ Gold PSU
Phobya G-Silent 14 140mm 1400RPM Black Silent Edition (x2 Intake)
Phobya G-Silent 12 120mm 2000RPM Black Silent Edition (x1 Exhaust)
TP-LINK TL-WN851ND PCI Wireless N 300 WiFi Adapter
Logitech MK-710 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech F310 USB Gamepad
Razer Kraken 7.1 Black Headset
Steel Series QcK Mini Mouse Pad
Asus VS248H 24" 2ms Wide LED Monitor***

4 Likes

Superb cablemanagement behind the motherboard tray!

How's the Logitech controller working for you? Is the digipad good or rather squishy/inaccurate? Does it get recognized in games as a X360 controller right away or do you have to fiddle around to get it to work? Can you compare it to an X360 controller? I'm looking for a replacement for my X360 controller but the XBOne controller still needs a cable and is too expensive, that's why I'm looking for alternatives. Sorry for the block of questions.

Oh wow dat cable management. Looks like a good build man, I love the drive bays on the side of the case that is just so cool.

Nice cable management.

To be honest with you I have had it for around three months now and hardly ever use it, so far for the times that I have it has been detected and worked flawlessly.

I purchased it for fighting and racing games but I haven't been playing a lot of those lately.

TY for the kind comments re the cabling, I am a bit OCD lol, if you look in the window down the bottom you can see a white molex plug through one of the grommet holes. I need to paint this - it's bugging me!

Teach me your ways...

Thanks for the response!

Regarding the white molex-plug: have you considered cable-extensions? (like the ones from Bitefenix or Silverstone) I thought about getting some to hide the ugly multi-colored CPU and GPU power cables in my PC.

Unfortunately the molex is there not because I needed an extension but because it's acting as a low profile power cable for my sata drives behind the motherboard tray. My PSU power cables and the bitfenix extensions don't fit :(

cable management looks good, hopefully you don't ever have to swap anything out because that would suck to have to re-do some of that

I actually had to swap the motherboard out in the early days as the second DDRIII channel failed on the first one and I didn't have to re-do anything, most likely because I swapped the same type of board in again.

Honestly if I ever swapped a motherboard (to a new model) or power supply I would have to redo the cabling, otherwise everything else (sata cables, pci-e power etc) has enough slack to move around the place a bit if I were to add a drive or change graphics cards.

If I was swapping to a different motherboard or new power supply I would pretty well rebuild the system anyway. :)

Here are some more recent pics taken tonight which cover most of my setup.

Sound levels:

Very nice AMD build. ^_^