1080/1440 144hz monitor suggestions

I saw these two monitors on sale

$300 for crossover

$350 for pixio
Both are 27 inch 144hz free sync monitors. What the difference between the two?
I saw the crossover has issues with hitting the free sync range

I am currently running a r9 fury X so it would be preferable for a free sync monitor.
If anyone has suggestions for a 1080p 144hz monitor let me know. Tried posting on the megathread, but no one answered

VIOTEK GN32C 32" 144hz Gaming Monitor Curved Widescreen High Definition Freesync Samsung VA Panel Full HD 1080p HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort
$330 - 4/5 stars

https://www.amazon.com/Optimized-GN32C-Computer-Monitor-1920x1080p/dp/B01N2QN4YP

I asked ‘The Lounge’ which screen is better and this is the one I am buying. It has Excellent reviews.

HP OMEN 32. 32" 2560x1440 @ 75Hz QHD panel LED AMD Freesync Display Monitor
New $380, refurbished by HP $280 - 4/5 stars

HP Omen

new

refurbished

1 Like

Newegg will have this one onsale for $280 starting tomorrow

2 Likes

Looks good, although is the ppi for 32 inches on 1080p going to suffer? Or is it negligible if I am sitting at my desk? I noticed that it didn’t look like it had versa mounting.
The benefit of this would probably be the fact that it is sold via Amazon, so returning it will be easier

I saw this as well and was going to get it until I saw the freesync issues and the lack of a vesa mount

What’s weird about all these high refresh gaming monitors is the stands are non adjustable/suck and they don’t have any vesa mount options

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?ref=8575135&loc=9598048eccf711e7b92252891ca1aa110INT&acampID=9598048eccf711e7b92252891ca1aa110INT
Holy too bad no freesync

I am using a 32" TV right now and the 1080p ppi is fine.
Pixels are noticeable in Windows in certain situations if you really look hard, but not when gaming.

That’s why I went with the HP at 1440p. My first priority is Photoshop more than gaming.
Reviewers said that 75Hz is enough unless you are a super good Pro gamer.
Especially if you can use Freesync. My old monitor could do 75Hz and it is a big step up from 60.

But 144Hz should be even better. :smile:

1 Like

Assume it is just to keep the price down so they cheap out on the stands. Shame no VESA mount tho.

As for FreeSync I’m putting that down to drivers. The FreeSync flicker issue is pretty well known now and AMD doesn’t seem to fix it. They always mention it in the driver update but never do anything about it

1 Like

I can vouch for that monitor. I had to make my own Vesa mount with some JB weld and an 80mm to 100mm bracket.

@bedHedd I just purchased that today and swapped it out with my Acer XG270HU. Great experience so far.
I can definitely vouch for Acer panel is as well for gaming and the freesync.
It was kind of finicky at first but all I had to do was purchase a decent quality Display Port cable, I don’t suggest the one that comes in the box is there is one.

Also set the DP version to 1.2
Also freesync would randomly break at desktop but I think that varies from driver versions.

EDIT
Extra information I originally had Fury but swapped it out for a 1080 Ti.
Definitely missed the active syncing :smiley:

1 Like

I just bought two of those Acer displays. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Saw this from r/buildapcsales not sure how it works
This might be useful for @SudoSaibot if you are going to mount it

I saw this
http://www.microcenter.com/product/477073/XF270H_27_TN_Gaming_LED_Monitor
Anyone else have this?

It snaps into the default stands little socket.
Not sure how the wobble holds up since the default is kind of wobbly tbh.

Yes.

I bought one of those on refurb quite a while ago just to try out FreeSync

Does it still work?
Also how is the pixel density?
Is 1080p too small for 27 inches?
Is worth $200?
Should I pay an extra $200 for the 1440p IPS model?

Yes.

Ehh it’s alright. Not bad but I think 27" is def the top range for 1080p. 1440p is ideal for this resolution.

Yes I think so but then again it depends on what you want. I got another Acer 1440p 27" IPS, only 60Hz though, for the same price. I’d prefer that one but if you want the fast response time then go with that one. It is still a good deal.

I personally don’t care about refresh rate that much and I think FreeSync is largely pointless (especially now that I have a 1080 Ti) but your use case may be different.

I can’t answer that for you. That is up to you to make that decision and decide if you really want the extra pixels and better color and viewing angles. Also of course what you want to do with it.

For a TN panel it is a pretty good one but IPS is sill better for color and viewing angles of course

1 Like

The reason I ask is from reviews people complained about the monitor dying within 1 month and a half or the stand pooping out

I already have a crossover 289k, so I just wanted another monitor for to try out high refresh rates. I wasn’t if the extra $200 was worth it if I was just using the monitor to game on

Still working fine. Though I really don’t use it much anymore.

Prob not no.

1 Like

is there anything cheaper than this monitor that has height adjust/vesa, 144hz and freesync?
I am currently on the edge of pulling the trigger for this monitor

is there any difference besides size for these two monitors?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/477073/XF270H_27_TN_Gaming_LED_Monitor

also how easy is it to return monitors to microcenter compared to amazon?

I ended up going with this monitor http://www.microcenter.com/product/477073/XF270H_27_TN_Gaming_LED_Monitor
That @DerKrieger has

1 Like