1050ti problems

I’m sitting here with a friends pc (, and i can’t figure out why his new graphics card wont work. He recently bought a msi gtx 1050ti oc and when it is in his pc it just cycles the bios boot sequence. I have tried to switch psu to a more powerfull one without result, tried different gpus (760 and a 630) wich ran with no problems.
I tested the 1050ti in a couple of my own systems where it ran perfectly, so im a bit perplexed, so if anyone have any ideas i would love to hear them.

his specs:
Windows 10 home
gigabyte GA-75m-D3h
I53550
2x4 gb hyperx 1600
a ssd+a hdd
an elderly 300 watt seasonic 80+

Update the Bios?

Try updating the UEFI on the GA-75m-D3h. That issue normally is one of three things- insufficient power from the power supply, broken GPU, or broken/incompatible motherboard. The 1050ti is known working, the PSU should be plenty, and the motherboard works with other(older) GPUs so that leaves motherboard compatibility as the most probable culprit. Which might be fixed by a UEFI update.

Make sure the hdmi cable is plugged into the card and not the MB. It is the simple kind of mistake I would do.

Once you’ve updated EFI, also make sure EPS is plugged in to the board properly. The board could be struggling to deliver the 75W down to the PCIe slot causing instability.

the 4 or 8 Pin EPS is only for the CPU. The expansion slots use power from the 24 pin or in some cases and extra molex plug near the PCI slot.

Thanks for the help, bios update did the trick, turned out it ran a bios from feb 12…

Thanks for the correction! I didn’t know that.

the 12V rail literally only takes 1 pin from the 24pin ATX power to drive all PCI slots. If you find a board with a extra 6-pin PCI-E for supplemental power, and you plan to run 10GBe, go for it, cause that supplemental power will help a ton.

This is new info for me aswell, and is something i will keep in mind next time i build a machine for my own use (even if it will be a while). I guess that for multigpu setups, it could help a bit aswell.

That is specifically why it is there. Also it may be a molex instead of a 6 pin.