1 keyboard working on 2 computers at the same time

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to use 1 keyboard that could plug into 2 computers and be able to have the same input go to each computer at the same time

Never tried this, but only project I was able to find online.

1 Like

This is NOT a good idea for several reasons beyond the possible power / grounding issues arising from using 2 completely separate computers.

Think about it, you are typing away on both computers @ the same time when all of a sudden one suffers an error of some sort. You immediately go into repair mode and while neck deep into your journey -
You realize that you have been inputting the same commands into BOTH machines.

That is just ONE small example of how easy things could go off the rails while working with a setup that is one brain-fart away from disaster!

Install a keylogger, copy / paste up some scripts for what you want to accomplish. The 2 PC buffer will make you much happier, and safer in the long run.

1 Like

You can get a KVM Switch Selector for 2 Computers Share Keyboard Mouse I use a 4 port version ATM and use to use a 8 port version when I had many more PC’s running.

Edit: there is also Remote desktop “if” you are using windows. This is a bit of a pain to figure out how to setting up.But works well as you can use or do things on the other same as you do on your main PC threw the main PC. There is probably even a youtube video on the setup.

Edit2: Here I have five PC setup that I can login to from the same computer and use them the same as if I were on them. Some headless some not, but don’t need a monitor at all on any of the 5. Forgot to say this is a part of windows, so you do not have to run out to buy anything to use this. They do need to be on the same network weather it be wifi or wired.
Screenshot_18

1 Like

You are aware the shields in shielded network cables, the grounds in the display cables or several other connection types will not be an issue, right?

the issue is im trying to use both computers at the same time not just switch between them using a kvm, im trying to do somthing stupid in a game so i can do it twice as fast using 2 accounts and 2 computers so also want to avoid programs as anticheat might detect it

I used to multibox WoW but I’ve never heard of a pure hardware solution. A quick search turns up items called KVM multicaster/multiplier or boradcaster. Never heard of them and it seems like there is only one hardware manufacturer.

Do you not have two keyboards/mouse/montiors one for each computer?
if its clicking stuff in game just get a auto clicker “GSAutoClicker”

I actually read and completely understood your Initial question, and my answer to your question is 100% correct.

What you are trying to do in your game is not stupid, it is insane! There is a reason there are no keyboard ‘splitters’ on the market and that is due to the fact that they simply will not work the way that you think they will. Doesn’t matter if it’s an original PC/XT, AT, PS2, or USB style connection, using a single keyboard on two separate computers is no bueno!

If you tell us exactly what you are trying to do and in what game, there are other ways to skin a keyboard. Or 2!

sure ill explain, and your saying its insane isnt wrong. so theres an event in maplestory that runs every once and a while thats a fast track to level 250 and id like to be able to get multiple accounts to that level at the same time by using some sort of hardware keyboard duplicator as to avoid any anticheat issues from software

1 Like

man pleas I want to do that too but for different purposes, I Wan use my keyboard in my computer and xim in the same time

I really wonder if I plugged the keyboard in USB splitters with tow male data sync, one in computer and the other in xim, should that work?

What your looking for is Synergy/Symless its software that is multi platform and lets you use one mouse and keyboard between systems based on pointer focus.

1 Like

Nah, OP wants to mirror the signal/input, so each computer, gets the same at the same time.

Synergy is awesome, and let’s you seamlessly move the single, individual system you are controlling, to another device without wires.