ZiftrCoins were released yesterday, is anyone here interested?

Lol.

haha, so I got this running on three pc's. My fastest computer is an i7 2600k overclocked to 4.8ghz (only for this special occasion-mining) And my hashrate is ~325kH/s
I've had it running since last night, and it hasn't found any winning blocks. I have another pc with lga775 quad-core running since last night and its found one good block within 30 mins, since I had the power settings (windoze) set to power saver and computer was set to automatically go to sleep after 30 mins
Not sure maybe they are favoring the little guys? hehe...

Remember it is random. so you should have a higher percentage chance to win, but that doesn't equate to always getting more.

1 Like

Looks very promising, that's for sure. I do hope that this starts and goes strong.

Shamelessly accepting any ZiftrCOINs :U
ZL1mjQf7vGAzykcvEqur5MxmwmQD43iWb3

I mined a block once, but then I distro-hopped and forgot to port my wallet. Oops (not like a block is worth much anyways).

Have they enabled GPU mining yet?

Looks like they made an update on their subreddit

Huh... Interesting. I guess CPU mining will still be possible without PiMP? At a huge disadvantage though, I suppose.

It's an odd direction they're going in, even if it is temporary, given that they're very much trying to epitomize simplicity with Ziftrcoin. I can't imagine this will help with their stability as a cryptocurrency at all.

It seems like they went back to the origional plan with the desktop wallet gpu miner before PiMP. http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2zfq5q/official_ziftrcoin_pool_released/

so far i've made 15.5 ziftr coins

currently mining with a 1100t clocked to 4.2 and getting 720-730 khash/s was mining with a 8350 and only getting 630-650 khash/s after 4 days i have gotten 16.5 coins using the standalone cpu miner and a pool.

update gpu mining is out nows the time to jump aboard if you havent already.

Yup... Loving it, even though the wallet won't let me use my gtx 660 to mine lol....

Using a .bat to launch ccminer isn't to much of a Hassle... And let's me watch all the debug stuffs independantly if something goes wrong...

@looming_hawk. What GPU/ hashrate are you running?

I am running a GTX970 and I am getting 2.5 - 3 mh/s. What pool is popular these days? It seems to change daily.

i ended up mining 19 coins but forgot my wallet password.. lol. i quit.

im currently getting about 700KH/s off my 600... might look into overclocking it a little this weekend.... after a re-timi of course hahaha...

As far as pools go, im with Ziftrpool.io personally... and have sat with them pretty much since i started pool mining... but i've heard good things about Supernova and MaxMiners... although apparently MaxMiners has issues recognizing some mining clients....

Personally it irritates me how people follow the "crowd", hopping from one pool to the next... kinda throws the balance of hash out... but that could just be my OCD... and generally loyal personality... i tend to make a choice, and stick to it, unless any net benefit to switching makes it worth my time lol

I am currently also at ziftrpool.io and have been for a while now. I switched over to MaxMiners for a short while but decided to come back just for simplicity's sake. Overall I agree that it makes more sense to stick with a single pool rather than switching continuously. I like the set and forget method wherever possible.

i am using a r9 290x clocked to 1100 and i am getting about 4.6Mhash/s and my phenom 2 x61100t is clocked at 4.1 and getting about 605khash/s and.
i am mining on ziftr.betarigs.com as well if you use a independent miner its easy to setup for a bat file.

1 Like

funny thing i forgot mine too for a while i had to start using variations on passwords i thought it could be.

There has been a lot of talk lately on the subreddit about the net hash going down a lot and the value as well. It's apparent that there are people that are losing interest/faith in the coin, but that also means that they're not patient. It's going to take some time before the value is stable. What I would like to say is if you have faith in the ziftrcoin, keep mining it. It's more than apparent that ziftr is a very different cryptocurrency compared to others, and it's up to us to keep it alive.

Happy mining!

Also, using an evga 960 ssc at about 1.7 mh/s. Not anything too impressive, but whatev's.