Zen sound so much better then intel Broadwell E cpu

Well then only if AMD can think of new names and numbers for graphics card then. But it as unethical for Nvidia paying gamer developers just for them use video there game work software. And also unethical.intel to use branch making progroms site their favorite Cpu more in resent years too?

I just finished reading through all the replies. Someone here is making fun of others or not getting their points.
The TS community is freaking amazing. If you want fanboyism over ethic discussion go to another topic, create your own or take a walk outside and try to think of reasons others are wrong (in this case, write them down somewhere but don´t share them in a way I can find them).
I can go full fanboy which btw will just end in a massive text with bad english but full of valid facts and european views on the world. Instead I went to de-rail this topic with this answer wich is keeping me from playing Starcraft or being a friendly team mate in Heroes of the Storm. As you started this conversation by stateing "everyone on this forum is a fanboy" you have to end it. I won´t! I gave up at least ten posts today because I wanted to avoid a conversation about a topic I didn´t care enough about to do research on it.
Bring on at least three valid points to state I am a fanboy (my setup isn´t a point), if you can´t then stop calling:

So I am re-reading your post.

1) In wich other company would you put your faith? Matrox is making enterprise cards for very specific tasks. I can not come up with any other company making graphics cards.
2) Name one company that exists as long as AMD does which has never rebranded anything.

Please explain to me how I have to understand your post. And in your answer, please tell me what Gameworks is, does and why it does any good for pc users.

Edit: This times 3 would be me fanboying AMD. Keep that in mind.

Anyone know if Zen will have SMP? I remember the older fx line had the capability to run 2 processors on a gaming board. Would be another selling point for amd if it could.

My guess the enthusiast chips will have SMP.

Cerimania is just baiting and/or venting some frustration, don't mind him/her. Don't feed the trolls :)

probably

no just pointing out everyone is getting so excited and its really not worth it. lets see what they come up with rather than fooling ourselves before any real statements

thinking your taking it a bit to literally, the essence of what I have said is that AMD have failed to deliver anything of real worth in the CPU market since forever, the reference to their sub par (yes sub par, as an idling Nvida is still far and above the performance card maker) graphics cards which have been very slight refreshes of old cards (and yes I own one!) is mearly a reference to how they have failed to innovate for various reasons

Im not saying Nvidia is a more ethical company or any company is particularly ethical, OP mentioned ethics in this whole thing ask him.

I can speak for professional cards performance wise. And Nvidia failed since the W9100 is out to deliver the raw performance I need to do my job in less then several days compared to several hours on AMD.
To sum this up: You think we should keep the hype down?

Not my area of expertise so i will trust you on this

Just to re-enforce, im not saying AMD cards are bad, or Nvidia are perfect cards, but at the end of the day the day with what we have and what is given to us right now, Nvidia for average consumers (non pro specialized compute workflows) are king,

That is all I am saying, for now

1 Like

I am confused... A thread is started about zen vs broadwell E and has turned into a battle between AMD vs Nvidia. I think they make both good gpu´s but that is not what this is about. So to get back on topic.

I am very excited about zen. I hope to the depth of my technology loving soul it delivers. Lately there has been too little competition on the CPU side of things. I think zen might shake up the price and even push Intel to deliver again. This is partly why I do expect zen to catch up, intel hasn´t made it that difficult to catch up when looking at the performance. If AMD fails to deliver this time I think their cpu devision is dead.

That´s my opinion about it all

The W9100 Destroys everything Quadro and Tesla that Nvidia has to offer.

And frankly AMD still is the king of the low to mid range for Graphics cards. The 380 and 380x destroy the Gtx 960, and the R9 390 is a much better rounded card then the Gtx 970. Some would argue that the R9 Fury is better then the Gtx 980, and I would dispute that BUT with the price drop on the R9 Fury Nano, they now rule the $500 price point as of the moment. The 980 Ti and Titan X still rule the very highest end rather decisively, but the Fury X isn't a bad option by any means either.

Nvidia still does sell more cards, and Nvidia drivers have been better then AMD's, but both have been pretty MEH in general. If you're on Linux it used to be that the 290/390 was the card to have, but as of late I've heard better things about the Nvidia offerings.

Very true, taking it back to cpu's now cx.

I don't think we should start hyping zen as of the moment. We haven't seen anything concrete about Zen, so everything people are flaunting is pure speculation.

I want zen to be amazing, but until we know what it has to offer in a concrete way. It's not time to start a hype train. We all got really hyped about the Fury X, and now its seen almost as a failure in comparison to what it was hyped to be. We need AMD to be competitive with Intel, but we don't have any indication that they will with Zen. We don't have any indication of what Zen will be, and we won't until it gets into consumer hands.

2 Likes

Well if AMD wants to compete with intel again in terms of per core performance and ipc.
Then they have a large mountain to climb.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with all of above, I really should have said "kind of high performance cards", my appologies

Agreed find it hard to believe the claims that they will more than top Intels latest offerings