Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 series announcement (reactions, thoughts, concerns)

AMD Ryzen 5000 Zen 3 Unveil Countdown

Post your thoughts, reactions, and concerns relating to the new Ryzen 5000 series here.

3 Likes

I’m most eager to see what the motherboard partners have for this round.

I already know Ryzen 9 5900X is gonna be good, and I know I want to build a gaming system around it.

I just don’t know what board… yet. Hopefully I’ll know by the end of the day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just skipping 4000 on the desktop?

the naming scheme went out the window when they gave zen apus zen+ names

6 Likes

Which ones are launching first, 12 or 8 core?

Curious as well since I will also be building a new system. Thus far, I only now which case though :smiley:

1 Like

My 6700k is holding up ok for older games, but I’m beginning to feel it’s age. Hopefully the budget class is a nice jump for me.

I’m still running a 2700 and it is kicking along fine, but very interested in a higher clock and core count

1 Like

What’s the word on the street about X570 motherboards supporting these new processors?

Afaik X570 should be fine.

2 Likes

It better be…

I literally just bought one to be ready for the launch

Good to know! Or maybe not… Don’t know if my wallet will be happy about this :joy: I’m already looking to get a RTX 3080

:cough:

rdna2

:cough:

2 Likes

Yeah the controversy was over X470, and potentially x370 if you really wanted to push them to the letter, not supporting Zen 3 as they had promised support till 2021 or something on AM4.

X570 is fine, it was always meant to accept Zen 3, though you will probably need a bios update, so… You know, no cpu, flashback buttons are nice.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it can compete with 3080. Anyways I’m waiting for the reviews… Realistically I won’t get my hands on a 3080 before anyway😂

/s

5 Likes

as far as i knew x570 was DESIGNED for the 5000 series that was the whole point of x570. the rumours of x590 were debunked.

Good to know!

We’re minutes away from the live stream now

well that 5950x might just be the ticket for running multiple simultaneous VMs

ALL OF THEM!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like