Yummy recipes that you invented

This one is a little dangerous for your pan. You might scorch if you don't time it all correctly.

What you need: Top Ramen Chicken Flav.
1 Egg
1 squeeze Open Pit BBQ (trust me)
1 squeeze Yellow Mustard + pinch of sea salt OR a few drops of soy sauce (flavor variant)
2.5 cups of stir fry noodles
3 cups of water
My standard boil seasonings:
1 shake of: sea salt
ground pepper
garlic powder
red hot pepper
cumin

Optional: 1/2 cup of cooked rice

1: The boil

Prepare all of your preboil seasonings and boil your water for 1 min. DO NOT PUT IN YOUR FLAVER PACKET
Add your noodle brick and turn noodles till water is cloudy via noodley goodness. When cooked to your liking, strain the water out until there is enough at the bottom of the pan to make a sauce. 1/4 of a cup of water? Maybe 1/3. This will be made into a sauce. If you don't want a heavy sauce then 1\2 a cup of water is the most I will recommend to leave in.

2: The Prep

With a small amount of water in the pan with your noodles add all of your veggies. I like stir fry veggies but do as you please. Also add your BBQ sauce and either mustard with a spritz of sea salt or a few drops of soy sauce. Flavor variant.

3: The hard part (scorch warning)

Mix all of this together quickly and if it looks like the water is out add some more, if not make a pocket in your noodles after the veggies have thawed (or are loose) and put your egg in the pocket. Wait until the egg whites start to whiten and then stir it all together, again quickly. You should now have a thick sauce with egg bits strewn around.

4: eat it

Also I was aiming for a thai flavoring with this as an experiment originally. It should be hot from the peppers, but not light your mouth on fire hot.

1 Like

Trik's Onion Steak.

1 steak. Preferably ribeye, preferably thick and well marbled.
1 large bag of pearl onions
(optional) Onions to be served on the side
Pepper mill
Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
rice vinegar
basalmic vinegar.
A garlic masher
olive oil
grapeseed oil
onion powder
garlic powder

Marinade:
Take your pearl onions, and cut several of them into halves, or whatever size will fit into the garlic crusher. Crush said onions and collect the liquid into a container of some description. Make sure to take a knife and slice off the bits of onion that come through the grate on the garlic crusher, add these bits in with the onion juices.

Add in a teaspoon of coarse salt, fresh cracked ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and then add in a good amount of olive oil, and a splash of the rice vinegar and basalmic vinegar.

Marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge. Then take it out, pat it dry, and re-season the outside with very coarse ground pepper and very coarse salt.

Cooking:
I cooked mine with a cast iron skillet on a blazing hot grill, with grapeseed oil. A couple of minutes per side until nicely seared. Then let rest for 10 minutes, and then treat your tastebuds to several orgasms.

Obviously, this steak is for those who, like me, have an obsession with onions. I seriously can't get enough of them. I've been considering putting caramelized onions on my freaking waffles. Just make sure you go through about ten pearl onions for each steak you are marinating. A serious amount of liquid.

3 Likes

Much of my cooking involves ingredients that might be difficult to find outside of Japan, but here are a couple recipes that should be doable.

Casarecce alla Saitamese

250 g casarecce or other pasta
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic, sliced very thinly
1/4 cup olive oil (regular is preferable to extra-virgin)
Large pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 (200 g) can high-quality mackerel or other fish, drained and de-boned
3 golf-ball-sized umeboshi pickled plums, flesh torn into strips, pits discarded
1 tablespoon butter, optional

1. Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. Prepare all of the ingredients.
  2. When the water comes to a boil, salt and drop in the pasta. At the same time, in a cold sauté pan, combine the olive oil with the garlic and begin heating over medium heat. When the garlic begins to bubble, back the heat off to medium-low and allow to toast slowly.
  3. When most of the garlic is golden brown, turn off the heat, and add a ladleful of pasta water to stop the garlic from cooking any longer.
  4. When the pasta is ready, drain, return to the pot, mix in the other ingredients, and pour over the garlic oil. Toss, taste and season aggressively, and serve with extra Parmesan.

Yield: 2 servings

Notes: May substitute tuna for mackerel. Other pastas: farfalle, conchiglie, spaghetti, penne. For the Westerners out there, umeboshi would be the only difficult, "ethnic" ingredient to acquire, but any decent Asian grocery should have some.

Tek Char Siu

2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large (1 kg +) block of high-quality pork belly
¾ cup Japanese soy sauce
2 thick slices of ginger
2 thick slices of Japanese naganegi or leeks
Cooking sake to taste, optional
Sugar or honey to taste, optional

1. Fill a large pot halfway with water, toss in the ginger and negi, cover, and set over high heat to boil.
  2. Heat the oil over high heat in a large, heavy skillet. Sear and brown the pork on all 4 long sides--usually takes 2-3 minutes per side, but keep checking after 2 minutes. You will probably need to pour off some of the excess oil once or twice during this process, so have a metal bowl ready for this purpose.
  3. Transfer the meat to the boiling water, adjust to maintain a healthy simmer, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. If you poke the meat deeply with a chopstick and the juices run clear, it is ready (aim for 75 C internal temperature).
  4. Meanwhile, prepare your marinade. Soy sauce by itself is just fine and gives a savory char siu, whereas adjusting it with the optional sake and/or sugar will give a sweeter one.
  5. Transfer the meat and marinade to an airtight freezer bag, suck as much air out as you can (a straw is useful for this), and let marinate for 24 hours or so at room temperature, rotating occasionally.

Yield: 10 servings

Notes: Slice and serve cold with rice, use as a ramen topping, or stuff into steamed buns with green onions and Chinese mustard/hoisin sauce/sriracha etc.

1 Like

Rub it in why don't ya? Lol

1 Like

Haha, right back at you! I bet I would actually have to go to a butcher, explain to them what a ribeye steak is, and then have them try to cut one for me right off the cow. But I'm gonna try that onion steak if it's the last thing I do!

1 Like

It's good stuff.

I always wanted to get my hands on some Wagyu beef, lucky you, you live in the home of Wagyu.

Oh god, look at that marbling. Probably melts in your mouth when cooked medium rare

Mines pretty simple,

Milo Summer Island

1) Grab a mug/coffee cup (not metal)
2) Pour milk 4/5 of the cup
3) Put two teaspoons of milo in and stir until dissolved
4) Put milo on top of the milk and pat down to make a surface, do not stir
5) Put in the microwave and watch until the milo island rises, do not let the island overflow out of the cup, keep microwaving until the cup is warm enough
6) Enjoy your melty core goodness!

Found this out when I was 9, literally one of the best days of my life.

I just made a fried egg (over easy) with thinly sliced and dice shallots in it.

Fucking dank as fuck. Used a garlic slicer (the pampered chef kind) to slice the shallots extremely thin, then I chopped them up with my knife. Then I sprayed a non-stick pan with PAM, and added a pad of cold butter for flavor. Put in the shallows and pat them down flat and sauteed them for a minute or two. Then I poured two jumbo brown eggs ontop of the shallots. Tilted the pan to the side to keep the eggs from spreading out.

Cooked well done because that's how I like my eggs, served over toast with butter and grape jelly.

Delicious.

You had my mouth watering until you mentioned the grape jelly.

What's wrong with grape jelly? Went surprisingly well together.

You could always omit that for garlic toast.

I have 2. Don't know if i invented them but they sure are yummy :)

Pasta Sacue

Crush enough feta cheese (i think it is the global name for our national cheese) to fill your pan
Pour ground or crushed tomatoes two times the volume of cheese
Add a bit of olive oil so it doesn't stick to the pan, it also adds to the taste
Stir at medium heat till it is homogenous

You can optionally add ground hot pepper and/or thyme for added flavour

Cold Egg Side Dish

Boil or scramble eggs
Cut the eggs in half if boiled
Let the eggs cool to room temperature
Prepare the sauce
4/5 yoghurt 1/5 mayonaise, 3/5 to 2/5 if you like it thicker
As much curry as you would like
Pour the sacue over or mix the sacue with scrambled eggs
Cool it in the fridge

When I was a student. or drunk with friends:

Cheap bean spaghetti

Pastas (spaghetti)
1 can of Canned beans, any flavor you like (tomato is best)
Mozarella.

Pro tip: Steam the eggs instead of boiling them, they come out softer and perfectly cooked. Steam for 6 minutes for soft boiled, 12 minutes for hard boiled. Ice bath immediately after steaming, then peel under cold running water.

Bag-O-Chicken

I like to skin my chicken so the spices get to the meat. I used 4 thighs.
Put the chicken pieces in a plastic bag & add:

Olive oil
Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Herdez Salsa Verde
Lemon juice
Chopped Garlic
Cumin
Basil
Oregano
Salt & Pepper

Squish the bag and massage the spices into the chicken.
Put the meat in a pan and scrape most of the sauce onto the chicken.

Bake at 400F for 40 minutes.

It's time, From beyond the gave I summon thee damn it @Cort_Byron I took to long lol

I give you

Steak Roulade

aka how to wow ppl without much work.

What you need:

1. Thin cut steaks:

Thinner the better looking for carne asada level.
You can pound the Steaks thinner as I did here, just will take longer.
Thinner steaks will also soak the marinade up better.

2. marinade:

olive oil
Worcestershire sauce
balsamic vinegar
clove of garlic or so to taste
dash of salt /pepper

3. Filling:

ham slices
provolone slices
shredded Parmesan cheese
a little bit of chopped fresh basil (not to much)

• Marinade the steaks for 3 hours

(pound them thinner before hand if need be)
  • Take the steaks our of Marinade and lay flat

(Keep the leftover marinade to coat the steaks with a brush while cooking)
  • Line in order, Ham, Provolone, Parm, Basil

(again not much just an even sprinkle)
  • Roll tightly and place at lest 3 toothpicks to keep from unrolling

• Lay some Tinfoil down on the BBQ

(as the cheese can melt and make a mess)
  • Cook time is dependent on how think the slices of Steak is

The ones in the picture are pretty thick, so they took about 20 minutes 
    However time will vary, just looking to cook the meat in the middle.

Add some twice baked potatoes and some greens. Or just a salad as these are pretty heavy

1 Like

Sounds kinda like chicken cordon bleu, except with steak.

I'm going to write this one down.

Ya kinda, except you roll the Steaks where I think you stuff the chicken for cordon bleu

The only thing I see missing, is breading for frying.

Now I want to try Steak Cordon Bleu

Also, going to write up my recipe for Chicken Broccoli casserole. brb

1 Like

Funny you should say that, the real recipe calls for a breading, but I took it out as it gets soggy to easy.
This is far more consistent

do and post it here! lol

awesome can't wait!

Chicken Broccoli Casserole:

4 chicken breasts.
3-4 heads of Broccoli
French Fried onions (these are a great snack btw)
Either stuffing mix or croutons. Doesn't have to be plain or "regular", the sage stuffing mix is quite good.
2-3 cups cheddar cheese.
1 tablespoon mayo
1-2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
1 large onion, or several shallots, or hell why not both?

I start off by boiling the chicken, although I guess you could steam it (I want to try that, because steamed chicken is amazingly juice and tender). I usually add some seasonings to the water before boiling, Salt (always kosher or sea salt. NEVER TABLE SALT as it has iodine and will turn your chicken into rubber), fresh ground black pepper, and a few pinches of this amazing roasted garlic and onion seasoning that I get (will post an amazon link at the end). Boil until cooked, then remove from water and allow it to cool. Then cut into roughly half inch cubes (it may tear, it's fine. When I eat my chicken broccoli casserole I tend to mash it all up with the fork anyways).

Now, the broccoli. I usually try to cut as much of the stems off as possible, as I find their texture to be unpleasant. You really only want the green leafy parts (florets?). You boil them for 2-4 minutes, not too long, but enough that they are cooked. Then drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken and broccoli with the tablespoon of mayo, cream of mushroom soup, thin, short onion slices (note to self, try caramelized onions). You also mix in a little bit of the french fried onions (or croutons/stuffing mix, whichever you prefer) and cheddar cheese, maybe a quarter of a cup of each.

Pour mix into shallow glass baking dish, I typically use a 9x13 dish. Spread evenly around the dish. Now top with the croutons. Next, cover with a layer of cheddar cheese, and finally top with any remaining croutons and french fried onions. You don't want the topping layer to be too thick, as it's mainly there to provide a nice crunch and a bit of cheesiness.

Bake, covered in foil, in a 350(f) oven until cheese is beginning to melt, uncover and continue baking until cheese is molten, liquid is bubbling from underneath, and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean and hot.

Enjoy this crack of a dish.

The roasted garlic and onion seasoning I use on many, MANY things:

There is one alteration I want to make, and that is to take some pillsbury crescent roll dough, and spread it out in the baking dish to make a sort of pie crust to go underneath the casserole.

Edit: I did not invent this, it's just my take on it.

1 Like