Yummy recipes that you invented

World Famous Top Secret Banana Cereal Pancakes

Ingredients:
Cold cereal or oatmeal (Banana Nut Crunch, Life or Corn Flakes are good)
Banana - preferably soft, black or defrosted
Pancake mix or Bisquik
Water (or milk optional)
Optional: Egg

Preparation:
Put about 1/2 cup of cereal in a small bowl. Crush the cereal with the back of a large spoon. Cover with water and let sit 5 minutes until the cereal is mushy. Add the banana and mash it with a fork. It's better if if is lumpy. Make some pancake mix in a larger bowl and fold in the cereal banana mixture. I usually add an egg even if the pancake mix doesn't call for it. Stir and add pancake mix and milk until the batter is the right thickness. Let sit for 5 minutes before cooking.

Cooking Pancakes:
Heat a frying pan to medium-low heat and add a little butter, margarine, oil, or non-stick spray. Cook for about 5 minutes but you have to watch the pancake. The edges will brown and the middle will bubble. When the middle is dry, the pancake is ready to be flipped. You are going to have to peek under the edge to see when it is done.

I like to top my WFTSBCP's with butter and a mixture of 1/2 Strawberry jam and 1/2 Maple syrup in a measuring cup that has been microwaved for a minute.
I'm gonna eat some right now. My favorite!

Linguine with Pink Clam Sauce

Ingredients:
Canned or fresh clams (I usually get Snow's chopped clams)
1-2 tbsp Garlic, Chopped
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 Plum tomatoes, Chopped
2 tbsp Parsley (fresh is best)
1 tsp Oregano
dash Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Lemon juice
2 Anchovies or anchovy paste
Vegan option: Use chick peas instead of clams and anchovies

Pasta

Preparation:
Cover the bottom of a small frying pan with 1/4 inch or more of olive oil. Gently cook the garlic at medium heat until it just starts to brown. Add 2 anchovies and mash with a fork. Add the clams, clam juice and tomatoes. Add oregano, pepper, salt, lemon and lots of parsley to taste. Once the sauce is started, reduce heat to low and cover while the pasta cooks.

Cooking your pasta.
Use plenty of water, a teaspoon of salt and bring to a full boil. Add the dry pasta and cook until 'Al-dente' ('to the tooth' means the pasta should not be mushy). Usually 7-10 minutes - refer to the box. Drain the pasta and add a little olive oil and toss to prevent sticking.

Mangia!

3 Likes

cook potatoes in (soy)milk and water with a bit of salt

mash them (add plenty of butter and eggs....of course)

fry onions

pour the onions with all of the jus into the potato mash

season with crushed black pepper, piri piri, rosemary ...whatever you like

bake your thick bacon slabs in butter

serve

dip bacon into potato mash

(other vegetables optional...because... vegetables)

why did i respond ? ... i invented bacon, i swear i did.

also, soy milk vs. tons of bacon is whack. and i'm not lactose intolerant, i just don't use cow milk.

1 Like

Thick spaghetti, put them into a pot with boiling water, add salt and wait until they're almost cooked. While waiting prepare a pan with some olive oil, stracciatella (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stracciatella_di_bufala) and pancetta (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancetta). When the pasta is almost done pour it into the pan and keep cooking adding a bit of hot water from the pasta cooked before. Than mix everything toghether until the cheese is creamy with shreds in it and the flavour of pancetta is all around.
That's how you do spaghetti with stracciatella and coppata.

1 Like

Can't be arsed with all that cooking malarkey but I found a good use for those mini blueberry muffins everybody in my office seem to buy on their birthdays. Rather than let them go stale.

Bluberry Porridge Souffle = Crumble 2 muffins in a bowl. Add one sachet of 2 min porridge plus sufficient milk. Microwave for ~4 mins.

The muffin soaks the milk and puff up making for a lovely breakfast souffle!

1 Like

Poor Mans Toast

Toast bread.
Cover in peanut butter.
Add maple syrup.

win

4 Likes

The last word in garlic prawns

Fry garlic and butter in a pan until brown. Use as much as you like, I like a lot.

Lower heat and add prawns, cook until almost cooked - when they start to turn opaque.

Add 500ml (per 500g of prawns) of thickened cream.

Add one packet of French onion soup mix and one chicken stock cube.

Add some dried parsley.

Add more garlic to taste.

Simmer until prawns are fully cooked.

If sauce isn't as thick as you'd like add some corn flour to thicken.

Serve on rice, or steak.

3 Likes

Simple Lemon Turkey

Cut up some lemons, soak Turkey Breast in lemon juice

Cut some relatively thick lemon slices, before frying Turkey

Medium-ish heat on pan, place soaked Turkey into pan and place the thickly cut lemon slices on top to get even more Lemony goodness

flip when done replacing the Lemon slices, repeat

Cook until golden brown, serve with rice, avacado and cracked pepper

Edit: Garnish with lemon slices haha

1 Like

I might add some herbs when I try it. Maybe some rosemary?

1 Like

Don't forget to use my toast recipe.

1 Like

Almost Authentic Ramen

For Best Results use RamYun brand ramen. Its fucking great.

What you need: 2 Ramen Bricks
2 Farm Fresh Eggs (preferably)
1 Cabbage Leaf
4 Baby Carrots
Pinch Of: Pepper, Red Pepper, Jalapeno Seeds, Cumin, Garlic

Prefered Flavors: Spicy Chicken, Old Oriental, Teryaki Beef

Prepare broth first with mix, eggs, garlic, and carrots.

Cook the bricks until just before they are standard suitable as well. Don't let them get over cooked and too crunchy is annoying. Finish them just before standard perfect Noodleage.

Now shut up I'm eating lunch *burp

1 Like

the what's left in my fridge!? not-pizza

aka todays dinner...

what you need:
- canned tuna: one can of the non oily stuff
- eggs: one big / two small
- what ever you want to put on your abomination as pizza covering

1. mix tuna and eggs and flatten out on a baking tray (recommend using baking papaer)
  2. bake for 15 min @ 200 °C
  3. take out and garnish with wtith stuff
  4. bake for again 10 min or till you think it's ready
  5. enjoy

2 Likes

Magloota

My college roommate introduced me this traditional Irish delicacy.
Open every can you can find into one pot and make a stew.

It usually comes out pretty good and it's different every time!

1 Like

I was messing around and made a roux, butter and flour in equal parts cooked until a red color. Mix in homemade chicken stock and add salt and pepper. I don't know if anyone used roux in a gravy recipe but it was unlike any I tasted before.

I came up with a great rub recipe, wrote it down and now I can't find it:(

Great chefs never write it down.
Please find that rub in your memory banks and type it out on the forum. Do like when you are cooking and just make it up as you go along. You can't go making my mouth water like that and not follow through.

2 Likes

At one time I was more into cooking then I was into tek. It's insanely time consuming. 24 for the rub to settle. Then 10 to 12 hours in the smoker.
The smoker I have is a cheap tabletop smoker I picked up at walmart. It was on clearance for 40 bucks and a total impulse buy. As someone who grew up in NY in a second generation Irish houshold this opened up a whole new world for me. First time I tasted BBQ Beef Brisket I totally understood why people love the south.
I will find it soon:)

My dad had a cheap 2 foot metal box smoker, then he build a refrigerator sized one to smoke bluefish. He had a 18' fishing boat to go out on Long Island Sound. His friends would give him the bluefish and he would smoke them up. It is a really good fish snack, strong oily and salty like anchovies. Good as an appetizer in small portions on crackers.

Tried this today and it worked out just perfect, great idea!
Ended up with some kind of a spicy sauerkraut beef stew(, because german).

i call it gulash. i start with vegetables in the pot with butter. add in canned foods then i add in either beef broth or chicken broth. simmer for 20- 30 min to let all of the flavors meld and enjoy.

super special salad dressing ( aka i was out and need something)
start with a base of spicy deli mustard 3-4 tablespoons
add in 2-3 tablespoons of mayo
add 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of horseradish
add in 1/2-3/4 tablespoons of basil pesto
mix everything together for about 1-2 min
add to salad or anything you use dressing for.
side not you can play around with the ratios to suit your taste. i do recommend adding fresh crushed garlic if you like garlic. if you do not like garlic leaving it out is fine

Homemade salad dressing:
In blender start with
1 cup rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar for more acid
1 small head of raw garlic, peeled
favorite herbaceous spices like thyme, sage etc and onion powder
one half to one cup buttermilk powder
Blend
Add one cup liquid eggs(tradition calls for raw eggs. I like the liquid eggs cause they are pasteurized.)
Blend
Add just one or one half frozen strawberry(pinch of sugar or teaspoon of pomegranate juice optional)
While blending drizzle (pour slowly) olive oil in that little hole on the top of blender, mixture will start to thicken. At some point before it is the thickness you want add salt and pepper to taste. You can dip a spoon in as it is blending. Then finish adding olive oil till desired thickness.
Enjoy
Will get thicker in the fridge and will start to separate after about a week .

Birdman's Poteggoes:

1. boil large potatoes until just before mashed-potato consistency
  2. boil eggs until just below hardboiled
  3. cut potato in half (long way or short way, no matter)
  4. after shelling egg, cut it in half in the same orientation as the potato cut
  5. use spoon or mellonballer to hollow out a half-egg-sized hole in the potato
  6. put egg in potato

serve with whatever you got. butter, cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, mayo, ect
Would probably be nice with some avocado in there too, havent tried it though

1 Like