Youtube, Twitch and pro gamers

pro gamers make their living from winning so obviously they want nothing holding them back. i’m not even pro and i can’t play any fps games if it’s not at 120 fps minimum.
any of us can get from point A to B in a 4 cylinder taxi but we all know that it is more comfortable making the same trip in an 8 cylinder limousine.

Unless its a reflex, which completely bypasses the brain.

A reflex is made possible by neural pathways called reflex arcs which can act on an impulse before that impulse reaches the brain

I am unsure about the speed of a ‘button click’ reflex, but the lowest reflex I could find is this one.

The Auditory brainstem response.

An ABR response is ~10 ms.

So if the player hears an opponent and has trained his reflexes to shoot, once the auditory stimuli is invoked, then the involuntary ‘twitch’ reflex can begin. The faster the frames can get to the eyes the better; if they even play a roll at all. My theory is that it mostly provides feedback post ‘twitch’. Where the faster visuals only confirm an involuntary reaction of “I shot that guy”.

1 Like

I agree with you and also would include that in most fps gamers rely on sound more than visual feedback. You can see this in Shroud streams because when he plays with people he often says things like “there are 2 guys on the first floor” this is only based on sound. He also preshoots if he heard someone behind the corner.

2 Likes