YouTube shuts down H3H3's Live Stream for Talking About Alex Jones

That’s not it.

You have people asking us to tolerate raw hatred because this is what it’s coming down to. That’s the main problem there. You have people that want us to be tolerant and embrase the worst parts about us as humans instead of resisting it like we should be.

Under your stance then all far left people who advocate the antifa nonsense should be removed as well.

The issue is with removing either side will cause the removal of the other. And there will be tons of channels that aren’t either but would be targeted by witch hunting mobs. We see this on Facebook and Twitter already.

It will only lead to a hollowing out of YouTube content. If that happens we might as well go back to television.

2 Likes

Some of the popular Youtube users (that I couldn’t memorise) are moving towards Patreon due to Google’s monetising process were stricken and people are like not being paid fairly; one common case where Youtube or Google are getting the most percentage over a user.

That is a tricky point hosting HD or 4K content and delivering it relativity smooth and with low latency playback cost money. What is fair in that regard is hard to say. But I don’t want to get too far off topic.

I do wonder if Vimeo is breaking even? But yeah. Maybe worth another topic on that. Monetizing video effectively.

If censorship was getting that bad why didn’t Twitter remove Donald Trump’s Twitter account? It makes him pretty dangerous as a president to have it would seem since he always uses it to throw tantrums. On the other hand, I am actually glad he still has Twitter so that he can look like the fool that he is when it’s time to testify.

They censored a guy who has a legion of fools harassing the victims of Sandy Hook parents. Imagine your child dying from some gun nut shooting up the fucking school and then having to move out 7 times because some asshole listened to Alex Jones and acted on it by harassing you and wanting your head for “staging it”. I can see what this call for censorship was about in his particular case.

I never saw a far-left group actively harass people nor groups of people for things like Chemtrails, GMOs nor UFOs and no, protesting does NOT count. Those groups exist but they are a very small minority at this point.

What do you call antifa riots? What do call the massive SJW harassment towards people on Twittter?

For example:

Both sides are wrong here. We gave everyone megaphones and now we have to deal with it. But silencing those on the fringe only give a victim complex.

You can’t completely control your audience.

Containment is better than deplatforming and I outlined how to do that above.

3 Likes

A lot of Alt-Right and Gamergate did some massive scale harassment on other people as well, are they also SJWs?

And there is only about two times I recall Antifa being violent. One of them was because White Supremacists went and surrounded Antifa and almost fucking killed them, so I can see why Antifa punched back, the cops should have stopped it sooner before it got that wild.

“But silencing those on the fringe only give a victim complex.”
They can cry victim all they want. If they are inciting violence they aren’t victims. If they are inciting hatred, they are not victims. Sorry, but people need to grow up a little bit.

If your going to censor both sided because of one side’s actions, they are just going to keep doing the same actions. When ISIS propaganda is censored do we go and also censor those that hate ISIS? Of course not.

You’re oversimplifying a complex set of issues and then comparing people you disagree with with a well known and understood terrorist group.

This is why we still don’t have these conversations here. Speaking of, We don’t currently allow political conversations here. So this particular line of discussion will have to end here, sorry.

You can continue to discuss these on our discord if you like instead which has a channel for political discussion. https://discord.gg/5ATAQKh

1 Like

I wasn’t comparing people I just simply disagree with to a terrorist group. I am comparing alt-right and white supremacist hate groups to a terrorist group, which is a fair and valid comparison given both of their histories.

Besides, I was making the case that you don’t have to censor the other side of one side is causing trouble. So again, my example was valid.

No.

Anymore of this and posts start disappearing

You dropped this:

While I understand where you’re getting this comparison from and what it would seem to be the same methodology, this is getting out of hand. So as the others said, drop the conversation now.

2 Likes

This is how it starts

2 Likes

So here’s my frustration with the whole situation. Facebook and YouTube have been functioning as a public forum. This gives them immunity from the content posted by their users in regards to many laws, including dmca and those anti-pedophilia laws.

If they want to start deciding who gets access to their platform simply because they’re saying something they don’t like, they lose that public forum status and they’ll need to be responsible for the content posted.

Now. I’m no fan of Alex Jones, but the guy got huge publicity from this. If you don’t like him, just leave him to make crazy claims in his little corner of the sandbox. The guy has been ranting for months about how “the globalists are coming after the web, to censor conservatives” and what does big tech do? They systematically prove him right overnight.

The guy saw a 6 million user uptick in his subscribers, for fucks sake. 6 million. I don’t know about you, but that’s not an insignificant number.

Not only that, but Alex Jones will survive. He’s also going to bring success to a couple of alternative platforms, like bitchute, by bringing so many users to them.

5 Likes
1 Like

But what the hell do you do when he makes shit up that has real consequences and his followers basically run a crusade based on what he says?

Case in point, Sandy Hook shooting as I have repeated myself on here before. He said the shooting was an act and that it was fake so his followers go and harass and attack the parents of the victims over something that was completely fake. That was no harmless joke. I think Alex Jones even has a lawsuit on him.

I was never a huge fan of Alex Jones at all, but he is causing real harm to society in a way most people don’t. A guy teaching a pup to salute like a Nazi is a joke in poor taste but it’s at least for the most part a harmless joke, this is nefarious and politically motivated. And it don’t matter how many subs he has, having more people on your side of the argument does not make you more right. After all, 6 Million is still small.

If anything, it is people like him that makes that conspiracy about a Deep State come true. In fact, he is a strong supporter of the current president who has no problem wanting to do things like silence the media, oppress minorities and such, you know, things that are common in a Deep State. Alex Jones don’t care, if he did, he wouldn’t make shit up on people he don’t like.

So here is my conspiracy theory for the end of this comment: What if the people making up conspiracies and making stuff up are the ones trying to create the Deep State they claim to fear so much? How is this food for thought.

Bottom Line, it’s gonna be people like Alex Jones fault if a big globalist conspiracy really does come into fruition and becomes a serious problem.

Arrest people who act out, get restraining orders.

The same could be said about Comet Pizza and the whole pizzagate thing. He’s more than a bit out there, but he clearly speaks to a lot of people. Some of them are rational and some of them are not. Just arrest the ones who are breaking laws.

The fact of the matter is that these people will listen to him regardless of if he’s on YouTube or not. He was a radio show long before YouTube existed and was a major component of the jet fuel can’t melt steel beams crowd, but that doesn’t limit him.

Like I said, arrest people who break laws. Sue people who harass others. It’s simple. Correct me if I’m drawing the wrong conclusion here, but it seems like you’re arguing for some entity dictating what is true and what is false. Shall we call it the Ministry of Truth?

I thought it was fucking hilarious. Seriously, if you watched it, it was about making the pug into the most disgusting thing on the planet.

What the Nazis did was horrible. What they believed was equally or more so. Making fun of them takes power away from the ideology.

I’m not arguing this. I’m pointing out that the Streisand effect is in action.

If you actually believe this, I have very little faith that you and I can have a productive conversation. For the record, I disagree with what he said about silencing the media, that’s not cool or legal.

Yeah, I I’ve heard the argument that Alex Jones is a CIA plant before. I don’t think so. One way or another, I don’t listen to him. I don’t agree with him on a lot of things, but I respect his right to free speech.

That’s a hell of a reach.

2 Likes

I disagree, vehemently. This is the suing gun manufacturers problem all over again. If a reporter presents (biased) news and people act out on it, you cannot sue that reporter. If I make a podcast and say “Man, that really irritates me! I really hope that guy get what he deserves” and someone shoots said guy, I can’t be held responsible.

Just like when that lady made a statue of Donald Trump with his head cut off, I really doubt she would have been charged with anything had someone decapitated the president.

Same with Ozzy Osbourne and Marilyn Manson. Sorry Timmy, Ozzy didn’t make you drown that boy, you did it.

2 Likes

But it isn’t a valid nor documented report, it’s a conspiracy theory that was made up on the spot. There was no facts nor evidence to back any of it up. So yes, Alex Jones can be sued for it, especially since.

The whole Donald Trump’s head was not different than the whole Puppy Nazi video thing posted here before, a joke that was in bad taste (although this one was in REALLY bad taste). Not the same thing as what Jones is doing. You can’t shout fire in a theater and that’s basically what he did, that warrants a lawsuit more than a shitpost of Trump’s head being cut off.

So nobody but me on this forum sees the problem with people acting on misinformation and conspiracies?