YouTube shuts down H3H3's Live Stream for Talking About Alex Jones

I believe you have permanent war and terrorist laws to cover all bases currently

OPPS in the US

When will you extradite me for the last season of game of thrones ? As a global trade terrorist ?

Slander and libel are a matter for the courts not for corporations where there is a trial. Last I checked YouTube doesn’t have a appointed Judge.

By itself not actually illegal unless it is covered by a NDA/Confidentiality which is a matter of contract law not speech. Or covered by rules for professional associations which is not a Government issue.

This is a grey area, what if the issuer of the classification breaking it’s own laws and is using classification as a means to suppress that information? I also question the need of activities that would required that level of secrecy in the first place. But, that falls under issues of sovereign right which is out of scope for this discussion.

OK catsay and Microsoft…Like you can not get over laws to the supreme court and back down again. But this is about the world.

Google give zero fucks about the US…they just bent over to china and there market is bigger.

Social media is the planet ? Dont you get that yet ? China , India …all the people on the planet not the paltry 333M in the US or 24M in Australia.

Please stop making nonsensical and off topic posts. The mods are debating whether or not to close the thread

Second warning for this thread

1 Like

Thanks kewl :slight_smile: I forgot it was important.

If L1 is US only I can bow out

I’ve already said about the nonsense posts. It’s seriously not hard.

There is no debate over free speech here. YouTube isn’t a country or government, just like here, you have no right to free speech. You are limited to what speech you have my the terms of service and the rules of the sites you land on.

That’s the simplistic answer to that subject.

Get it together, as there’s legitimate things that could be talked about here that have some serious implications. If people wanted to talk about them.

My core thesis here is YouTube need to go across the board with their rules as outlined by their TOS (which I doubt anyone really wants) or they need to change their rules.

Care to explain your proposal?

Why explanations where deleted.

I agree, with such a large platform they need to be very clear I think. At the same time I think they are simply unable.

They rely on 3rd party NGOs, governments, and other agencies to flag videos. All of which have different standards for what they think is a violation.

It doesn’t help that it seems half the NGOs are organizations against “hate speech” which none can really clearly define. (basically whatever they think is hate speech).

The result is a mixed bag of videos which get taken down and others that don’t.

It’s easy to go to the conclusion that it’s deliberate. Afterall, if you flag a video and it’s removed by their automated system or it’s demonitised (which seems more common), by the time you get monetization back it’s to late. You gain your money in the first hours of publication, everything after that is nothing in comparison.

Its very easy to wonder about the motivations of these organizations that seem to have control over YouTubes flag system. And YouTube appear to be unable to handle the issue properly, or just don’t want to.

There definitely needs to be a viable alternative.

Right now though I’m not sure YouTube is in a position yet where you can say that they are the only way to publish. and so, you’re free to publish your videos elsewhere, and you should still be able to do it somewhat successfully.

But it’s definitely becoming more prohibitive.

On the other hand, it’s people’s fault for not making the right decision on realizing how fake Alex Jones is.

He has made shit up completely and his followers acted on it and harassed the parents of the Sandy Hook shooting victims. If anything, Alex Jones was giving Google a valid reason for censorship. Freedom costs responsibility, so you can blame people like him if they ever get stripped away.

Of course I agree, what is truth and what isn’t can’t be deemed by an authority figure or corporation but what has Alex Jones done to help besides make shit up about people?

Rather than wholesale ban YouTube can have multiple creator teirs.

Your normal “you get ads with enough views.”

Major creators partnerships ala YouTube red

And the opt out of all ad revenue where the creator pays YouTube to host their content. Lets say you are a tin foil hat sells man of Super Male Vitality. No normal advertisers will want you. Thus you pay YouTube to host your content and you rely on other revenue streams.

But, if enough advertisers want to place ads on your videos you can go back to free hosting. It would be like sponsorships that exist in the radio or TV world.

Allows creators to hustle to get their own commercials if they want or go the algorithm route for ads.

TLDR: Undesirables would have to pay to have their content hosted or they would be forced to find their own ads to stay afloat.

4 Likes

Fair enough. That someone can be Pewdiepie for example, as he was dropped from many sponsors.

Honestly… This is the best method for everyone where possible in my opinion. The “if your not paying for it you’re the product” kind of holds true here. You are Google’s product to advertisers.

The mentality of having things for free I kind of feel needs to change.

2 Likes

Your talking about the far right people right? They seem to be the one so concerned about our “intolerant” views while not wanting to tolerate anyone elses.

It goes both ways and no one will admit it.

2 Likes

Well those conspiracies haven’t killed and harassed parents of victims neither, not fair comparison. As stupid as those conspiracies get.

Exactly Pew could get companies that don’t care about his views or maybe agree can manually place ads on his channel. Of course stuff like Pateron and merch can allows the channel to go completely ad free if they want.

It get YouTube out of hot water with advertisers without removing anyone. The Creator has the choice to tow the line if they want algorithm based ads or try their hand at running the revenue themselves but will have to pay Google to be hosted.