Youtube comments hidden on my main account (edited) [solved]

Edit: thought I was gotten banned from the linix youtube channel but it’s just a bug with youtube not showing the comment section on my main account.

The L1T Linux YouTube channel? You wouldn’t have been blocked/banned by anyone here for the comment you’re saying you said there.

Yes. I can’t see the comment section from my account only if I switch to another account. But I still get notifications to replies.

I tried changing browser, IP, etc and it’s the same which leaves me to believe I got banned/blocked.

What else could it be?

Besides it being very unlikely, is there even a way of banning/shadowbanning single accounts from YouTube comments?

If you were actually banned from there (or shadowbanned for that matter) it wouldn’t even make sense that everyone but you could see the comment. If you were shadowbanned the exact oposite would be the case, you could see your post on your account so you wouldn’t suspect anything, but noone else would see it.

PS: There is actually a reason if you plan on playing DX12 titles, but that’s beside the topic.

PPS: which exact video are we speaking of anyway? The Livestream with Threadripper and X299?

/edit
Found it, yes your comment is there, you could send the first reply, no? Are you using the “New YouTube” or still on the old design? Could just simply be a bug. Empty caches, cookies and whatnot and see if it works.

Interestingly enough I cant see any comments there either on my main account but can on another account. I never even watched the video.

It took like a minute to load in the comments for me so… ya. Google being google.

thanks for the link, I can see the original comment, and like 4 replies including one from the OP.
This is on mobile, and signed in.
Not going to make excuses for YT or it’s messed up comment system… much better to discuss in this here forum! :slight_smile:

its not even trying to load on my end, yet on the other account it pops up almost immediately.

Yeah that’s the video and it doesn’t matter if I use the new youtube look or the old one.

It’s not just my comment, the whole comment section is hidden from me.

I can also see the comment section of all the older videos which is why I thought I was banned for that particular comment.

Been through deleting cookies and all that and even if it’s a bug, why wouldn’t it be the same for my secondary account?

Just google being google. Happens to me a lot too on random videos. Nothing you can do about it except reload a million times.

No idea, I don’t have secondary accounts and too lazy to test when it happens to me… I just move on and ignore it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YouTube comments are 90% cancer anyway.

Same here

1 Like

I doubt this is a ban, and more of a YT fuck up.

Thanks guys.

Now I feel like a bit of a dick.

Edited the OP.

YouTube has been changing their interface the past couple days, it might be related to that.

Yes there is.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be a block/ban as I have the same thing happening to me on another channel where I haven’t commented on their videos for months.