Your Thoughts on this gaming rig?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6500, 4× 3200 MHz, Turbo bis zu 3600 MHz
CPU-Kühler: Silent-Kühler für Sockel 1155/1151/1150
Festplatte: 1000 GB SATA, Seagate®/Toshiba/WD®
Speicher: 8192 MB DDR4-RAM, 2400 MHz, Crucial
Grafik: ASUS STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5, GeForce® GTX 960, 4096 MB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort, inklusive NVIDIA® GeForce Experience™
Mainboard: ASUS H110M-R, Sockel 1151, Intel® H110 Chipsatz, 4× SATA III (6 GBit/s), 2× USB 3.0, 4× USB 2.0, 2× Front-USB, 1× PCIe X16, 2× PCIe X1, 2× PS/2, 8-Kanal HD Audio
opt. Laufwerk: 24× ASUS Multiformat DVD-Brenner (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD±R, DVD±RW, DVD R9 (DL))
Netzwerk: 10/100/1000 MBit/s Ethernet LAN, DSL fähig
Sound: 7.1 Sound 8-Channel HD Audio (ALC887)
CardReader: 8,89 cm (3,5") 10in1 CardReader (SD, SDHC, MicroSD, xD, CF I/II, MicroDrive, MS, MS Duo, M2, MMC, 1x USB 3.0)
Gehäuse: Design-Mini-Tower (CSL 6008), Farbe schwarz, gebürsteter Edelstahl-Look / Mesh
Netzteil: 350 Watt LC-Power Silent-Netzteil

It's a solid gaming build. It strikes me as a pre-built due to the card-reader and the PSU. Obviously your not gonna drop in a 290 X2:)

Also make sure the monitor you are using has an HDMI plug. There are still allot of old but good VGA monitors without hdmi.

I just guess that you are from Germany.
For now I would not want to build a new rig because there are too many hardware launches arround the corner.
I still have this http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/LLvNLk on my part picker. Just exchange the 380 for a newer Polaris or Pascal card.

I wouldn't power all that nice equipment with a low-end power supply. Couldn't find much info about the PSU, so I'm not going to be able to recommend this to you. as @anon85933304 mentioned, it sounds like it's prebuilt. which isn't a bad thing, but you can probably get more bang for your buck if you purchase the components on their own and build it yourself.

I'd say definitely get more bang for your buck from one you build yourself.

350W is barely enough for a gaming rig, I'd go with an EVGA 500B. Also, I'm not a fan of that 960. It's getting phased out right now and AMD's alternative is generally a better card anyway. I'd wait until at least Polaris launches in order to make an educated decision on which GPU to include. Finally, get yourself a small boot ssd. There is no reason to be building a new computer today without including an ssd (unless you're on an extreme budget but considering you have i5 and a 960 I'd say this isn't really the case).

Get a 500W PSU

get a 380 4gb, or it's better to wait until polaris

and look for one of the MSI VD or Gaming H110/B150 boards, they have solid power delivery and USB 3.1

Also if you're only gaming, the i3 6100 ain't too bad given it's high clock speed and 4 threads

2 Likes

You are going to want an SSD for your operating system. That PSU tho.. It is a lot of nice gear to hang on a suspicious PSU.

NO... Asus GPU - NO...

You may want more than 350W... 500 will be fine. Atleast bronze.

Any specific reason to want 960? Because 380 is similarly priced, better performing and if you don't have a monitor, you may get a freesync one and have way better experience than 960 with standard monitor.

Needs more AMD
kek

2 Likes