Your first car and what you're driving now

My first car was a 2003 Audi A4 SLine with the 1.9l Diesel 4 banger. It was a lot of fun and very chill to drive around in. Never gave me any trouble, even after 300k kms…

But now I’ve got a VW Golf 8 GTE Hybrid. Super efficient car and fast car! Will go fully electric when the GTE needs to go back… :.( Can’t wait for the Ioniq 6 to arrive, tho!

4 Likes

2 Likes

First car: Toyota Corolla 1986
last daily driver: 2022 RS6

I could mention and post pics of all cars I’ve owned, but that would be like 50? (and 99% of them were pretty garbage) And not sure if that would be considered as spam?

Now I only drive my Mercedes Vito van(work van since I run my own shop, no need for a daily tbh), and the wife drives a Kia E-Niro

5 Likes

Nice choice of cars :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohh, how does she like it? I test drove one in 2021, but something about it didn’t quite make me want to purchase it. But I do think it’s a good car.

1 Like

Time to re-visit this since I’ve gone through a few cars.

First car:

1973 VW Super Beetle. Wish I had a better picture, but this was the flip-phone era lol.

full (1)

Now:

2020 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0L

It looks black but it’s actually “Magma Red”. It just only shows up in bright, direct light.

4 Likes

She loves it, perfect range for her to commute to work 4 days before charging ( at home, got a 11kwh charger installed at home ), good space for stroller in the boot and plenty of room for her usecase in the cabin.

Main selling points for us was the 7 year warranty and 4 years included service, so with the savings in gasprices we are basically up a few $ every month even with a financed car (hers is paid in full, but just for the fun of comparisons) compared to her old Mazda 6 2.2 Diesel

1 Like

Nice nice.

I’ve been looking at switching my Benz for an electric. Glad to hear the positive review.

I’ve got 100 miles daily round trip commute and the 24mpg average combined with maintenance is killing me.

1 Like

Late reply on my part, sorry! New kid (again) takes most of my day after work!

I wouldn’t trade my Benz Vito van for the world. ( 38mpg with a 230bhp Diesel van ).
But my wife has now put 60.000km on the E-Niro, and we’ve had no issues at all!

She drives 120km every day for her commute, and the savings are amazing. But that might be cause we had heavy incentives here back when we bought it

PS: Tesla’s are cheap now, I’ve owned the S, X and Y, do it!

first car: 88 Jaguar Vanden Plas.
Not the exact pic(google pic) but same color. The paint was all sun bunt, NOTHING on the dash worked. No heat or AC.

Now

'12 Subaru WRX Premium With some work done and a tune.

4 Likes

First Car: 1972 Mercury Comet GT (Mine was just blue with the decorative hood scoop. No ‘go faster’ stripes or blue rims.)

Today, I drive a Honda scooter. Only allowed one car per household in Bermuda and the wife has that. I only drive that when she’s topped up with Prosecco. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dream car: Jaguar XK-R

2 Likes

my first car was an 1989 grand prix my dad gave me in 1999
Imgur

I now drive a 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST with a 3.0l inline six Duramax

1 Like

Holy shit that XB looks sweet!

I got a BA atm too, across the ditch… Fairmont Sedan. So good, so cheap (cost me $3500), no one wants them cos they are costly to run. I feel like a C level executive. But soon they’ll want them cos they ain’t making no more.

My friend has a BA XR6, its nicer looking, but has less options than mine. He also has 2x XF Falcons right now, both are in a state of restoration.

I’m trying to talk to missus into a BA Ute but she wants another Ford Courier/Mazda Bounty.

I’ve always liked those Caribs. You can miss me with the mitsis tho :laughing:

This thread is not great opsec… :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve always thought that what cars you owned though your life is likely very unique :laughing:

1 Like

Still own it, now done 325,000km. Need to get the paint tidied up… no rust (90’s Toyotas are awesome) but the clearcoat has gone hazy and must not be far from leaving the vehicle. Not bad for a 1996 vehicle that’s lived outside at least for the last 15 years.

1 Like

First car was an 1987 Corolla.

I drive a 2013 Mazda 3 now.

Might get the Tiguan R next year.

1 Like

You answer those questions truthfully?

I presumed the big man was referring more to license tags, and photos of house fronts?
But I don’t know how much info is registered by a driver, to get tags over there, and how much can be gathered easily from cheap databrokers

1 Like