Your first car and what you're driving now

Hey, i had forgotten about this topic!
Here’s my current car, a 2008 Renault Megane Grand Tour, 2.0 gas engine with a 6 speed manual, quite enjoyable.

1 Like

Sorry for potato resolution. I think I had a flip phone at the time. This was my first car. 1973 VW Super Beetle. It was really cool. But it was a pain in the dick because the timing was never right, I’d have to let it warm up a good 15 minutes in the winter and it doesn’t even get that cold here, and it gets up to 115 here in the summer so that wasn’t fun either (no A/C).

On the plus side, my dad taught me a lot of basic maintenance with this car.

full%20(1)

And this is my car now. It could use some thicker tires (they’re factory size, but look small on 20" wheels), but other than that and Ford’s shitty Sync infotainment, I love it.

1 Like

Polo MK2F from '91 with 55HP that i bought from a coworker shortly after i got my license. One of the previous owners put in a decent suspension, quite low but the driving was nice and direct without braking your back.

Now i drive a BMW E39 wagon wich i don’t have a better photo of.

Installed an android headunit together with an Interface for the i-bus (Resler-Interface) and the I-BUS App for getting back the bordcomputer and extra features.

2 Likes

Follow up from April '15…
Well, the RS3 is too expensive now that it is stateside.

I got this in 2017:

That’s when it was new.

Ready to part with it I think. I want a 5th gen 4Runner.

1 Like

My first own car was a 2004 Fiat Stilo (95hp, 6 gear manual, 12s 0-60, ~250.000km)

Meanwhile i had project cars aswell.
2000 Hyundai Tiburon
1998 Subaru Justy

My current car is a 1995 Toyota Starlet (75hp, 5 gear manual, 10s 0-60, 155.000km)

3 Likes

My 1st was a 64 & 1/2 mustang, current is a 93 300sd. or my 99 tacoma.

2 Likes

1st car was a Chevy Cavalier. Currently drive a Silverado 2500 gasser

First - 2002 Ford Taurus SES

Current - 2019 F150 with 2.7 EcoBoost

And a 2021 BMW F750 FS

9 years between first and current

1 Like

first car was a 1980 Jag Vanden Plas that I got for “$500”

I actually got it for $200 but the minimum you can sell a car an not pay tax on the sale is $500 so that’s what I put on the title.

Burned gas like a MF
nothing on the dash worked so I had to guess what speed and how much gas I had.
and under the hood, the engine wiring looks like it was done by a French.

Picture of the Jag is not mine, just a internet picture of what that looks like

Now I’m in a 2012 Subaru WRX Premium.

With an intake, cat-back and a tune (the WRX pix is mine)

4 Likes

If you can’t see the JDM horns through the grille, do they even make a sound?

FR though love these cars. Buddy of mine had a tuned WRX with similar mods, can’t remember if he ended up getting a bigger turbo before he got rid of it.
He had an aftermarket ECU that allowed him to create a launch control profile, shit was nuts.

I honestly thought about getting the 4 pack but didn’t have the money.

I can’t count the times a redneck saw my JDM horns and said “are those the turbos?”

I did buy a drunk purchase of a train horn for it but cancelled it the morning after lol.https://hornblasters.com/

And I do have a Cobb tuner that lets me do flat foot shifting, cut the fuel at whatever RPM for launch control (mine currently set to 5200RPM)
Currently running on 91 octane. I could tune it for 93 and squeeze a bit more power but that’s expensive gas lol.

I’m gonna pay it off and upgrade to an STi, and do FlexFuel

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
Would not have been able to control myself and would’ve made up so much bullsh*t to tell them.

1 Like

My first car was an old VW Fox, not this exact one, but looked just like it. It shared the same frame as the Audi Quatro 4000 just less 1 cylinder and all the lux.

These days my daily driver is a 2015 Honda Odyssey and tbh, I love it. Sucker drives like a car, gets car mileage, has all the luxury of a decent production vehicle, and best of all the utility of a truck. I can drop my kids off at school, drive home, without turning off the van remove the middle row of seats in under 5 min, flip down the back row. Then run to homedepot in the rain and fill up the back with 4x8 sheets of plywood and drywall along with a stack of 2x4"s and all the tools I need. I have a trailer hitch on it so I can tow an additional 2000lbs if needed. Pull it all out, and 5 min later the middle row is back in, and I can pick up the kids from school.

In the summers my 2nd vehical is my Ego Zero Turn mower :wink: but for reals because its electric and you can turn it to fast travel mode, it will kick your head back with its acceleration.

When my wife steals my Van I end up being stuck driving her car :frowning: I love the feel of it on the road and it really is a joy to drive top down, but man does it lack for comfort next to my fully loaded minivan.

4 Likes

First car was a 2010 ford focus that served me fairly well outside of the AC unit dying in like 2015. Which was torture as I live the heat death known as Florida. Learned a lot on it like how to change oil, spark plugs, tires, breaks, modding(adding turbo, cool air intake) etc.

Ended up trading it in for 2017 GTI as I wanted something with better performance and, knocks on wood, reliability. So far the car is has been great car outside of maintenance costs. Surprisingly not hard to diy maintenance on it.

First car driven: [stock photo]

Current car driven - '2013 RAV4

Watching cars from afar; [still] assessing prices, while scrounging up some change

4 Likes

I guess I can update.
My current main car is even older again.
And also just one of the two 4WD ones from this model in the country.
The only one with a low roof.
(Yes parts are thus impossible to find…)

A 1988 1.0 4WD Subaru Justy.

2 Likes

Your first car was an MR2?!.. WTF man, that so cool, and I’m so jealous!

1 Like

Man, you got a lot of cool lil cars.

1 Like

Their was novelty to the car.
My father was more comfortable with it [interior sizing and how low it was]
Obviously it is no Mustang or 280z, but it didn’t try competing on that kinda lineup
…We only had it for a few months [did rather poor, whenever road was wet/snow]

Gen2 of the MR2, I’ll admit with ease, I’m still smitten over #wouldyoujustlookatit

4 Likes

This man complaining about driving an S2000.

:joy:

2 Likes