Your first car and what you're driving now

My first car was a Ford Fiesta, cool car
especially for yuangster. Now I driving Hyundai Creta
I also think that this is a great car. It clearly has more space than the first. :grinning:

1 Like

My first car was a 63 Ford Falcon 2 door station wagon with a 6 cylinder and tree on the tree transmission $75 for itā€¦
A lot of sweet memories and road trips. Now I drive an 03 Honda Pilot.

1 Like

First car: 1990 Toyota Camry Wagon. I still miss it from time to time.

Next: 2001 Chevy S10 ZR2. Ate gas like crazy but never got stuck anywhere. Started rusting out kinda bad though; fuck the midwest road salt.

Third: 2009 Chevy Silverado crew cab Z71. Damn that was comfy, it was like driving a living room chair. Got the same mileage as the S10, even hauling half a ton of firewood in the bed. Also started showing cancer signs at the wheel wells. Again, fuck midwest road salt.

Now: 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Premium trim. Love it so far, put about 1200 miles on it in less than a month (bought October 31st). Plan to keep it for a long long time, and no more midwest road salt!

2 Likes

My first car was a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3
it ruined me and now I have a thing for hatchbacks.
Current car is a 2016 Ford Focus ST

1 Like

Lol, I am still driving my first car.

Black 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS.

My first car was
images

It was Blue but the same.

Today I dont care. There are so many speed cameras and red light cameras. I have a ford sedan nothing special. Fly under you radar. Im a drone.

I Welcome self driving cars in australia. It would fuck up income. So there not happening in the next decade at least.

1 Like

Nothing fancy here. Pictures arenā€™t the actual cars, just pictures of the same model and color that Iā€™ve found online.

First Car: 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE V6

It eventually rusted to the point of not being able to fix anything.
Scrapped at 280,000 miles.

Second Car: 2000 Mercury Cougar V6

Let my sister drive it when she came back to Michigan. She beat the hell out of it and I ended up scrapping it.

Third Car: 2007 VW Golf GTI
It was shit and deserves to be forgotton

Current: 2009 Saab 93 Aero XWD

Too lazy to take a picture, but this is what it looks like.
Itā€™s a nice car and I like it.

3 Likes

First vehicle was an S10 that I modified. Bought it with a 4cyl 5speed. Dropped in a 350 V8. I had this truck for around 15 years and sold it just a couple years ago.

truck_95

Now I have a 2014 Silverado. And a few months ago I bought another S10 to build Muhahahaha.

4 Likes

Those S10s are such cute little trucks, I like them alot.

2 Likes

First Car: Volvo 850. It had 27 000 metric miles on it. I Bought it for 400 euros. Changed the breaks and other very minor stuff for about 200 euros. Drove it for 5 years up until it had gone 37 000 miles without any major repairs. I fixed all maintence myself, both beacuse it was cheaper and I found it quite fun. Sold it for 500 euros because I had gotten a good deal on a S70, my current car. The S70 is built on the same platform as the 850 so that made it very easy to repair as I already know most things about it. The S70 had 19 500 miles on it and cost 200 euros. I repaired it and still drive it today, about 21 000 miles without any issues, there isnā€™
t even any rust! These cars are amazing. :slight_smile:

Here is a picture of the 850 when I sold it, still looked good! Hard to believe it passed 37 000 miles and were almost 25 years old. I just checked my countryā€™s transportation database, its still out there, now passing 40 000 miles.

2 Likes

Vehicles I have owned in chronological order:

1986 GMC Sierra Classic diesel

First vehicle, got for free, single cab 2wd, diesel was an issue many times in the winter, was very rusty and a gross brown color. Sadly no pictures that I know of.

1983 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

Didnā€™t have for long, was a cool car though, called it the land yacht, I remember it had a cool real time analog fuel economy meter.

1987 Chevrolet Silverado

I liked this truck a lot, 4x4 350 TBI, single cab, lots of rust

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

Got this when I moved out of my parents house, was a nice vehicle

2006 GMC Sierra 2500

I loved this truck, 6.0 V8, extended cab, big tires, loud exhaust, but financially it was a mistake

2005 Nissan Maxima

This was a mistake in general and I wish to delete it from my brain

1990 Chevrolet Silverado (current)

Nice truck, from Wyoming (where I lived) so it had almost zero rust, moved back to WI and now itā€™s rusting so I am sad

2002 VW Jetta TDI (current)

Fun car, been modding it a bunch, fuel economy is great, with snow tires it does great in the winter

2 Likes

Funny that they call that a Jetta in the US, since that is actually a Bora.
My 2000 Seat Toledo 1M is build on the same platform. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what we call it here in Brazil too

Yeah there has been a Jetta, but that was based on the 5th generation of the Golf.
The Bora which that one is, is based on the 4th gen of the Golf.

There also has been a a Jetta based on the Golf 3th gen.

Why TurboX pic, you dont get those wheels :wink:

Had an 06 Aero manual myself, back in the day; beefy engine, specially with the VTune. Car totalled in an accident, but drove it for another three years after buying back the salvage. It was a great carā€¦

Anyway, my new car:

A regression in power, but car manages to tick most boxes, without paying Tesla money

1 Like

I could buy them off ebay if I wanted :>

2 Likes

Mate, that truck is gorgeous

My first car was a 1975 Toyota Corolla SR5 Sports Coupe. It ran for a half an hour then rolled downhill into a busy intersection where I had to push it back into the garage where it lay for 4 years until it was given away. Poor thing. Car pictured here is similar to the one I had. It was a garage find. When I removed the front fender there was a tree growing inside it. I want it back but I want a running one.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not much of a Toyota guy, but that thing is sweet!

It looked way better than it drove. Itā€™s been enough years where I remember it fondly but Iā€™m glad I have a modern car now.

2 Likes